Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS 15 to robot

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bestmedia13
955 Views, 4 Replies

AS 15 to robot

What is the best way to get advance steel 2015 models to robot 2015 ,and if possible back as well?

Can we expect some improvements around this in the near future?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello Bestmedia13,

Both Advance Steel and Robot Structural Analysis can import and export several formats, most important being SDNF, CIS2 and STP (DSTV).

So you can use any of those format files to export from one to another.

I would recomend SDNF, because for structural analysis you need the beams, columns etc, but not the gusset plates or bolts.

You have to pay attention to the file extension: it is ".S" in Robot and ".SDNF" in AS.

Regards,

Emy Nestor

Emy Nestor
Message 3 of 5

Hello emanuel,

thank you very much . it is just a little thing that you have to know you need to change te fileformat.

do you know if there is a way to exchange joint designs between the programs? Or maybe the forces at the nodes , so i can verify them in advance steel?

Do you know this are things that Autodesk will update in the future,do they plan to improve the connection between the 2 programs?

i ask this because we are planing on upgrading to Robot or to Graitec advance design.

Message 4 of 5

Hello Bestmedia13,

I am not so sure about transferring joint forces between AS and Robot.

The SDNF file can export the "nodes" and the efforts for each beam end.

I dont't know if Robot realy use this feature. Maybe a question on Robot forum will help.

AS import and export these efforts from / to SDNF. I don't know how useful it is the export to Robot, because it doesn't makes much use for a structural design software to import the effort.

I don't have an answer for future improvments neither in AS ot Robot.

Only that Robot, AdvanceSteel and Revit are all Autodesk softwares, so it makes sens to integrate them all toghether.

In fact the links between Robot and Revit on one side and Advance Steel and Revit on the other side are already working fine, as far as I know.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Emy Nestor

Emy Nestor
Message 5 of 5
múinteoir
in reply to: bestmedia13

New updated Link between Robot & Advance Steel

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3arobot-advancesteel...

Forum Signature.png

Jonathan Hand
Technology Manager - Symetri Tech

autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black

twitterNaviate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report