Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advance steel 2015 handrail defaults

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
muleman1
1240 Views, 8 Replies

advance steel 2015 handrail defaults

is it possible in AS 2015 to set default pipe / 'beam' sizes and preferences in the handrail macro. Even though I have my prefs set to imperial, every time I start the railing macro in extended modeling, it pops up with metric sizes.... BTW, 98% of our rail componets are 1-1/4 sch 40 pipe.

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Emanuel.Nestor
in reply to: muleman1

Hello muleman1,

You can save a configuration to the macro library and use it as default.

The steps could be like that:

• Create a handrail joint on a beam
  • Set all the profile sections as you like / most common profiles and sizes for you
  • Go to the joint page "Library" and Save the current configuration
  • After that, use the Edit button to set the name of the saved configuration to "Default"

2014-09-07_Railing-Default.png

Every time you will create a handrail joint, it will use the saved configuration / parameters.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,

Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 3 of 9
muleman1
in reply to: Emanuel.Nestor

THANKS. I knew it was just a matter of knowing where 'it' was.

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 4 of 9
wtheron

The library is immensly powerful for Stair and Railings Joints.

Message 5 of 9
tmuir
in reply to: Emanuel.Nestor

Are you able to set standards in Management tools for example, have a default set that every time handrail is created the cut back will always be 3/8" from the post instead of manually doing it every time or like you mention saving a configuration? 

Message 6 of 9
mick-CNF
in reply to: tmuir

Is it a type of railing you have saved in your library?

If this information solves your problem please accept as a solution.
Message 7 of 9
tmuir
in reply to: mick-CNF

no, but I know how to setup something in my library and save it as a "standard", I'm wonder if there are settings or defaults in the management tools that you can see automatically as a default so when I bring up the handrail micro box command, when go to cut back for rails and posts my cut back default is already set. is that possible or is it just best to save a default or standard handrail in my library?

Message 8 of 9
mick-CNF

Once you have saved it in your library edit it and rename it default and that should be the type of railing that comes in first when you add any railings.

When you add railings to your library a line gets created in MT where all the settings are.

I don't think there is a universal setting for this cut back but I could be wrong?

Screenshot 2021-04-13 180028.pngScreenshot 2021-04-13 180125.pngScreenshot 2021-04-13 180221.pngScreenshot 2021-04-13 180313.png

If this information solves your problem please accept as a solution.
Message 9 of 9
tmuir
in reply to: mick-CNF

ok Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report