Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adavance Steel Run on Autocad

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
duchoabn
5372 Views, 2 Replies

Adavance Steel Run on Autocad

Hi all

I setup Autocad 2015 and Autocad Structural Detailing 2015

When I run Advance Steel 2015 Then

It run on Autocad If before latest I run Autocad 2015

It run on ASD 2015 If before latest I run ASD 2015

I want Advance Steel only run on Autcad 2015 

Please help me 

Thank all

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
haedicu
in reply to: duchoabn

Hi,

This is normally the intended behavior. But you can easily configure the Advance Steel desktop icon in that way, that Advance Steel 2015 starts always with pure ACAD 2015:

1)Open pure AutoCAD 2015 and create under options a separate profile for Advance Steel 2015, call it “AS2015”. Close AutoCAD.

2)Click to the Advance Steel 2015 desktop icon with RMB, go to “Properties” and “Shortcut”. Replace the string in “Target:” with the following:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2015\Steel\Bin\AdvanceSteelLauncher64.exe" /AcadVer R20.0\ACAD-E001:409 /p "AS2015" /T "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2015\Shared\Support\Templates\ASTemplate.dwt"

3)Compare the ACAD-E001:409 with the registry key (see below), If there is a different number, replace it in the string above. This will trigger Advance Steel to run only on this ACAD-version and only with the Advance Steel profile.

001.png

regards

Udo

Message 3 of 3
aelmay
in reply to: duchoabn

You must uninstall Autocad Structural Detailing 2015 and than install Autocad 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report