Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plates in BOM list

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Tony_Gibbs
232 Views, 8 Replies

Plates in BOM list

I have been wondering why some of my fittings (Plates) haven't been appearing in the Fitting Report. I have discovered that if AS recognises a plate as having 1 of it's sizes equal to the width of a standard Flat Bar It considers it as a beam and won't show the plate in the fittings List but will show it in the beam list.

What I would like to know is how to turn this feature of so all plates regardless of size will be considered as a fitting (Plate)  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

@Tony_Gibbs ,

do you use mapping? Look in Management tools for settings for this.

If you disable it, for example, all plates will always be plates, all flat bars will always be flat bars ... Don't forget to check what tokens you use for descriptions of objects in the drawings and what you have in the bill of materials.

In Management Tools, AstorBase or AstorCurrentAddIn, MapInternToExtern, you will find the rules for mapping.

Tokens External1 up to 4 enable the use of mapping definitions when deploying them (e.g. definitely name the sheets as flat bar in drawings and BOMs). Check in drawing styles and BOMs the usage of this tokens.

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 9
Flies-Eyes

It sounds like you want to turn off 'Recoding' in Management Tools. However, doing that will block other functionalities from working. You would be better off deleting all the out-of-the-box mapping provided by the software vendor and building a more complete solution.  

FliesEyes_0-1709769626508.png

Message 4 of 9
Tony_Gibbs

Thanks for the reply

I cant find Mapping in the management tools Could show me where

Maybe these 3 attachments can help

Message 5 of 9
Flies-Eyes

FliesEyes_0-1709774917609.png

Message 6 of 9
Tony_Gibbs

Thank you so much for that information. I unchecked the box "RECODING" and bingo my reports are perfect.

I must have accidentally checked that box.

How will this effect other parts of the software?

Message 7 of 9
Flies-Eyes

If you use Plates and Beams to model concrete elements.

If you want to have your Object numbering in a particular order.

If you want your labelling different for different applications.

There are probably a couple more cases that aren't coming to mind right now.

Message 8 of 9
bigcarl5000kg

mapping = recoding 😀 (sorry it's called mapping in the Table editor and I have German version only)

Edit: https://youtu.be/3_S83kgjiiQ?si=42ve64oHCcKil1WN

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 9 of 9
j.hamelin
in reply to: bigcarl5000kg

Don't be so sorry, it is called Mapping in the General default property in ADVS 2022. Maybe they changed it in 2024 version 😜

jhamelin_0-1709827957426.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report