Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar Study tool fails every time

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sburke
173 Views, 3 Replies

Solar Study tool fails every time

Okay I've using the same model the same view and I used to be able to create a solar study.  Now I try to do a solar study with the same file (nothing has been changed) it fails every time.  This would be a great service but its so undependable now. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adayan_adsk
in reply to: sburke

Hi Scott,

Sorry for this problem. I noticed you rendered the image with huge resolution (Maximum image size) , however you know rendering solar study image (especially huge resolution images) requires very huge computing resource, so when machine's memory is ran out, the solar study will fail.

Here I would like to suggest you to first render still images with smaller resolution (i.e. Medium size) and then render the medium-size images as solar study, that would be easier to get a successful solar study rendering.

Let me know if this workaround works for you.

Ada Yan
Message 3 of 4
sburke
in reply to: adayan_adsk

Hello Ada,

I'm sorry but that is a totally unacceptable answer.  This is cloud computing so memory running out should never be an issue.  If certain setting will not work with solar studies then, when choosing a solar study it should automatically select the setting that will work and notify the user of those issues.  Not just fail inexplicably.  Then you want people to spend cloud credits beta testing a system that is apparently broken.

Your team needs to fix this issue or set the settings to automatically lower the resolution to something that will work.

Message 4 of 4
adayan_adsk
in reply to: sburke

Hello scott,

Currently most solar study still can render as well as ususal, just some complex scenes might fail, anyway we will try to get this fixed in the futhure, 🙂

BTW, it will not cost any cloud credits and the pre-spend cloud credits will return to your account if the rendering fails finally, 

Ada Yan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report