Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for AutoCAD Verticals and other Object Enablers

Support for AutoCAD Verticals and other Object Enablers

I understand there have been issues uploading DWG's from products like Civil 3D due to the nature of the objects contained in the drawings.<br><br>It would therefore be good if A360 took away all the issues related to all objects that come from all Autodesk Vertical Authoring tools and Enable the ability to view all DWG's with no concerns over Translation of Objects, Object Enablers and 3rd part Object Enablers.<br><br>Is this already in the pipeline maybe?
6 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Bob.Sisco
Enthusiast

Thanks for bringing this up.  I can't understand why this hasn't been adopted as a standard practice on all Web/Cloud based technologies from Autodesk.   Maximize the compatibility of all DWG files by having all object accepted.   Same thing I've asked for on the DWG Trueview for some time now.  Luckily you can install Object Enablers for DWG Trueview.   We need to bring this up to standard for all the DWG web viewers.  It just makes sense.

-Bob

ukdxb012
Advisor

We need to promote the Idea Bob otherwise it's lost in the forum.

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support

Hi Duncan and Bob,

This is not lost and we did add Object Enablers for the vertical AutoCAD based products, I worked directly with the AutoCAD Team on this.  But there are other items you guys are asking for that need to come directly from the vertical teams and that it outside of our control.  But we have let them know that we want this additional ability when viewing these files.   So it is in the works, I just don't know when they will be able to deliver this. 

Hope this helps.

Bud Schroeder

Autodesk Inc.

ukdxb012
Advisor

Will watch out for when it's ready, least it's in the pipeline's 🙂

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report