Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and Drop to AutoDesk Products

Drag and Drop to AutoDesk Products

To truly make A360 a tool that engineers, draftsman and designers use routinely we should be able to drag & drop directly into our application. In my case i'd love to be able to create a "project" to share as a company standard or library. Share that project (..library) with others, add blog posts to describe best practices and use issues, and then provide users both inside and outside of my walls with components drawings (...blocks) to drag & drop into their designs. 

3 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting this to the IdeaStation.  You can do drag and drop in the DATA section of A360.  You can grab files from File Explorer and drag them over the Data area and they will be uploaded.  If you have Google Chrome you can drag and drop folders as well. 

It sounds like you want drag and drop to do much more though.   I have read your comments a couple times, but need a little more details.  Can you give me a couple examples of how you invision this working.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing back from you on this.

Bud Schroeder

Autodesk Inc.

robincapperw
Advisor

I think this request is more akin to the old iDrop technology which allowed adding content from a web page to the design application. It was good!

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report