Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change background colour in viewer

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
BrotherkennyhDWR
3844 Views, 7 Replies

Change background colour in viewer

Can we have the ability to change the background colour in the 3D viewer?

Many of our parts seem to be quite close in colour to the viewer background. They would stand out better against a different colour and I would rather change the background than the part so that the part still keeps it's correct colour.

Kenny

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 8
jaybehr
in reply to: BrotherkennyhDWR

Kenny, 

You can choose between different background and lighting set-ups by pressing the Settings icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the viewer. There are preset color backgrounds. Do any of these choices help with your issue?

Jay Behr 

Message 4 of 8

Not exactly what I was thinking, but a perfect solution none the less.

Many thanks.

I think I am more fimiliar with the 360Drive 3D viewer so hadn't noticed the settings on the 360 viewer.

Thanks again.

Kenny

Message 5 of 8

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 6 of 8

Any way to pre-select the lighting scheme?  I.E. moderator views rendering, selects the `Background and Lighting' profile that works best, and A360 Project automatically uses that profile whenever anyone else views the render (unless they select differently).

Also more along the lines of the original post, is there a way to change the color of the background seperately from the lighting profile?  I.e. Light Blue background, with Sharp Highlights lighting?  In most of the lighting profile the default material color fades into the background. 

Would be nice if the A360 renderer used or allowed to use, the same background that Inventor uses (blue to grey fade).

Rich C.

Message 7 of 8
rafa
in reply to: BrotherkennyhDWR

What about changing background color in the 2D viewr?

Message 8 of 8
BrettWright
in reply to: rafa

Hi Rafael,

• In the web version of A360, for 2D, there is no way to alter the background at this time.
  • for the 3D models via the settings option (see below) you can choose from the options available.
  • In the Mobile version after you've opened a 2D sheet, under the settings gear, you'll see there is Dark option that you can leverage if that would work for you.

Jupiter Feedback - Change Background.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report