Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning tasks and monitoring them

Assigning tasks and monitoring them

Would be good if you could assign tasks to people in your project and monitor their completion. Reporting on whats been done, what is still to do, whats planned for the future and what is outstanding. Very similar to Redbooth.

9 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Accepted

ukdxb012
Advisor

I was rather hoping others would have supported this Idea, maybe it dropped off the list...

Nearly all existing products like Autodesk 360 have something "Task" based.

Regards,

Duncan

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Accepted

SteveDFThorne
Collaborator

I feel this would be the most used feature for a team of collaborators. I too would really like to see this added. Currently I have been testing this with the wikki but it's just not the same. No one is truly accountable and whenever there is a change it can require reading the whole wikki document to see what is different. 

ryan.lenihan
Enthusiast

I would also like to see something like this. I was actually just going to post a request bu saw this thread. I'm familiar with Todoist, so I will say "something like Todoist" 

It would be good to have the option to link a task item to a document that is on 360, but also to have the ability to have tasks that are independent of the documents as well.

kevin.hay
Contributor

I would love to see this put in place.

I am mananing a team of 11 spread out across different offices.

The ability to this in the same location as our other activities would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Global Vault Manager, Group Manager CAD Support Services

Subsea 7

BerndSchulze
Participant

agree, evn seeing if and when a team member/contributor has accessed infor inn project hubs would be great.

thx.b

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Microsoft Outlook tasks.  They can be assigned to team members and monitored.  They can update the % complete, etc.  It's separate from the Autodesk products we use, but it works well for managing things.

pschaffer
Enthusiast

The task function could be added to the message process by adding a due date or a follow up flag. The @person process could be used to assign the message/activity to the responsible party. We would need a completion status of some sort. 

What would really be needed after that is the ability to report on messages/activity by tag/timeline or tag/due date. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report