Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to walk in models

Ability to walk in models

We need the ability to walk in models like you can in Navisworks. Most people who have looked at A360, one of the first comments is, I would like to traverse the model using a walk tool similar to Navisworks. Could this be incorporated?
8 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ukdxb012
Advisor

Really surprised that no one else is looking for a walk tool or gravity tool. Are there too many ideas now in the Ideastation that some are getting lost?

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support

Hi Duncan,

Actually we pay very close attention to the IdeaStation, but it's not a guarantee that the feature will get it.  The idea is to capture the ideas and then we look to see how popular they are.  And we implement the items that we can.  If you look at the Implemented link to the right you will see that we have implemented 10 ideas since September.  That is not too bad at all.  

Walkthrough was added just before AU.  It is not complete, but you do have the option now.  When you open up the 3D model notice that you see too shoes.  

walkto feature.jpg

Hope this helps and again it was great to meet you at AU.

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Implemented

ukdxb012
Advisor

Hi Bud, totally missed this if im honest! Sorry.

FYI, Just tried it out, it's ok as a start but it isnt great, wasn't what i was hoping for and needs improvement.

Speed Controls, usability (Walk to, we want walk freely)

I would be happy to discuss further on improving this tool.

Regards,

Duncan

kate.smith
Alumni

Hi Duncan -

I'm a researcher on the team that's working on the Walkthrough tool. We're working on the tool right now, and would love to hear your suggestions for improvement.

Let me know if you'd be available for a quick chat sometime!

thanks,

Kate.

Kate Smith

kate.smith@autodesk.com

CharlesBerteaux
Advisor

the walk feature is less than desireable, you want to know how it should work....Open a navis file.

Smiley Wink

CharlesBerteaux
Advisor

while your add it, make all the navigate features like this:

I see no reason messinng with perfection Smiley Wink

navigation.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report