Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 viewer needs to show 3D design files in Internet Explorer

360 viewer needs to show 3D design files in Internet Explorer

Currently the 3D viewer does not show files viewed in Internet Explorer. Most of our customers use Internet Explorer and I don't think it is right for us to dictate to them what browser they should use to view files we want to share with them. Also many staff in businesses do not have access to install software themselves.

The 3D view needs to work in Internet Explorer. Internet explorer does support WebGL so surely 360 should be working on IE now.

8 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support
prior status deleted, setting to default
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

BrotherkennyhDWR
Enthusiast

Just been looking for a way to embed the 3D views onto our website and I came accross this link;

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2014/05/a-sneak-peek-at-the-new-autod...

The author of this article seems to have managed to get the 3D view working in IE, although I haven;t figured out how yet. Is this something Autodesk could implement/make easier for us?

Kenny

vladimir_michl
Advisor

The current 3D viewer (LMV) in A360 lacks MSIE support although MSIE11 officially supports WebGL. There are other options like the Chrome frame for MSIE, but native MSIE 11 support should be added.

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz 

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support

Thanks for posting about adding 3D support to Internet Explorer.  I just want to add an update on this.  We have been working with Microsoft on this and they have agreed to fix this on there side.   Once it's fixed we will post an update here and on the A360 General Duscussion forum.

hope this helps and thanks for adding comments and Kudis to this idea.

Bud Schroeder

Autodesk Inc.

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support

You can now use Internet Explorer 11 or higher to view A360 files.  Marking this as implamented.

Thanks

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report