Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the difference..????

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
601 Views, 5 Replies

What's the difference..????

Okay,Can someone please explain the difference between A360, A360 "DRIVE", A360 "TEAM", AMD BIM 360........

Seems like everytime I go to my Original" A360 account, there's another version (see abv), with little explanation, and I have to "Sign-in" to go to one from the other.............

I've been in the  market for a Tablet to take to the filed for PM on contstruction sites, and have been  trying to whittle down between iOS, Android and Win 8.1 tablets, and when I was investigation the 360 stuff furhter, I get more and more confused because of all the "360" accounts.

Why can there only be one, or at least, make the differences more significant to be able to truly decifer which is which.  I fin ti very ironice, that a company that is 99.9% Win Based for tehir Design software, go to the competitors platform(s) (IOS) for mobile connecitons.

Just sayin.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion that this is causing you.

If the below information doesn't help clarify what you're asking, just let me know.

"A360 Drive" is what we've renamed what used to be called "A360" which was the first version of A360. Below I've added a bit more detail on each version of  the "Autodesk A360" products that we've released to help clarify how we've been evolving from an "Individual" based solution to a more "Team" based solution.

A360 = Now called A360 Drive = First A360 version

• “Individual” based - (continuing to be supported)
  • Collaborate and View functionality
  • Folder Based, i.e. create folders and then add files etc. to those folders
  • Introduced “Sync” functionality built into AutoCAD based products and Inventor giving one the ability to “Sync” your locally saved files created from those products to an “online A360 site” that others could access if you invited them (privately or publicly)
  • Url starts with “360.autodesk.com”

A360 Tech Preview = Precursor to A360 Team below = Second A360 version

• “Team” based – The “A360 Team” beta, (if you didn’t have a site set up prior to A360 Team releasing September 2, it’s not open for new users)
  • Collaborate, View, Search functionality, via the new "LMV" Large Model Viewer
  • Project Based, i.e. can now create projects, and then folders within those projects, and invite others to specific projects
  • “Sync” Functionality not part of this build, manual uploads required
  • Url starts with “myhub.autodesk360.com”

A360 Team = Available since 9.2.14, as a 30 day trial, with option to purchase at the end of Trial. = Third A360 version

• For Small/Medium size companies
  • Share, View (LMV), Deep Search (not “Sync” enabled) manual uploads required
  • Similar functionality as the Tech Preview, with improved Team/Project Admin Functionality, & LMV enhancements. 
  • A360 Team information at www.autodesk360.com
  • A360 FAQ at www.autodesk360.com/faq

A360 Enterprise (Future Release Date TBD) – “Team +” Large Companies, enhanced Admin Mgmt Functionalities etc.

A360 Mobile Solutions: Today we have two versions of the A360 Mobile

• IOS in the Appstore (markup too here)
  • Andriod in the PlayStore
  • Both allow you to view, share files shared to you from the desktop App’s above, and will be adding new functionality with consistent updates.

BIM360: Currently not built on the A360 Platform discussed above. There are two products included here, Glue and Field, both specific to the BIM Construction "in the Field" Management Process as well as Management of the BIM Model across all the consultants (Glue), see all the details here, http://www.autodesk.com/products/bim-360/overview 

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 6
cglusky
in reply to: BrettWright

Brett,

More info might be good for all of us.  For example....

It seems it gets even more confusing when you throw Fusion360 into the mix.  I currently use:

- ACAD LT 13/14

- Inventor 13

- AutoCAD360 (iPad)

- Fusion360

- A360 (iPad)

It appears that the first three use one location - original A360 now called A360 Drive?

Fusion360 appears to use another at myhub.autodesk360.com.  And it appears that Fusion360 - data panel and web portal - have no idea that A360 Drive exists.

And now I open A360 on the iPad and I can see all my Fusion360 projects as folders PLUS I now have an A360 Drive folder.  BUT the A360 Drive Folder is empty.  I would expect that all my files from the old A360 would be migrated? 

I know you guys are making a bunch of big moves towards the "cloud", but it has gotten very confusing.

Regards,

Coby

Message 4 of 6
cglusky
in reply to: cglusky

Brett,

Well I am now seeing A360 files migrated to A360 Drive, so cross that one off the list.  It would be nice if Fusion360 Data Panel could access A360Drive files, but that's probably an issue for the Fusion forum.

Mike,

Sorry, did not intend to hijack your thread.  I will say that the iOS version of A360 is pretty slick on an iPad Air.  I had a 1st Gen iPad for years and had to finally update my hardware so I could run iOS8 to use some of the newer apps.  So pay attention to hardware and OS version requirements. 

The 2D and 3D viewing has worked well for me so far on my iPad.  Have not tried it on my iPhone4s

And you are not alone with naming convention confusion.  I have been an early adopter and it still makes me scrath my head sometimes.

IMO, the new A360 Team does not help.  From what I have read in the FAQs the Team account is different than your individual (user name) account.  I am going to stay away from Team if/until the benfits become clearer.

R,
C

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cglusky

Thanks Brett for sorting that out.it really is confusing, and I agree with Coby, it seems "TEAM" and 360 are pretty much the same,, only more complicated and confusing that straight 360 Drive..I'd been pretty much doing the same thing with A360.

Anyway it sorts it out somewhat.

Coby, I'm glad to hear somelse's take on using it on the iOS.....waiting for delivery for Ipad AIR 2 due out soon........

Will followup on this when I get it and are up and running.

Mike

Message 6 of 6
cglusky
in reply to: Anonymous

Mike,

Glad it helped.  I am doing the same with my "individual" account.  I guess that's the confusion - What's the value proposition for Team if I can do what I want with "individual" A360? Perhaps we will get forced to go to Team in the future in order to properly collaborate.  Right now it's just me and a few others sharing info, so I may not be the market for Team.

I am getting pretty old and cranky so I am not easily impressed with new tech these days.  But I will say that the cloud versions, and the general direction AutoDesk is going in that regard, does show some potential.  I have pretty much comitted to using Fusion360 for design work.  Luckily we do not need all the features in Inventor or Fusion360 might not be the right answer.  Always have Inventor to fall back on if it goes sideways, but being able to use any of our Macs or PC's to do work from home/office/road is pretty nice.  And having all the files in a place that you can share and view on a tablet for client demos etc is pretty nice. 

AutoDesk just needs to work on messaging so guys like Brett don't have to copy and paste the same info over and over in these forums.

I did wait to see what the iPad Air 2 was going to offer and decided to get the older one while it was on sale.  Still a big difference from a 1st Gen.

Oh, and I did test A360 on my 4s.  Seems to work fine running iOS8.1.

R,
C

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report