Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the new A360 feedback portal

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
1197 Views, 16 Replies

Welcome to the new A360 feedback portal

Hello A360 members,

Welcome to the new A360 feedback portal on the Autodesk Community. Please use this site to ask questions and give general feedback about the A360 web and mobile products.

Be sure to check out the IdeaStation as well. This is the place to post ideas on new features you want to see as well as enahncements to existing features.

www.autodesk.com/a360-ideastation

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing your feedback on A360.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

I just wanted to send some praise that it finally looks like Autodesk are finally finding their way, and some cohesion with a platform for project collaboration.

I'm excited to see where this is heading, but just can't wait to see some more of the basic functionality to arrive. Keep it up!
Message 3 of 17
Mary_Morse
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Thanks for posting that Chad, we really appreciate it, and we appreciate all your feedback!

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success
Message 4 of 17

I'm a little confused.

Am I correct that what used to be called Autodesk 360 and was included as part as our license subscripition is now called A360 and now a pay for service in addition to our subscription costs?

Message 5 of 17

Hi Eric,

Thanks for checking. Actually A360 Drive is what used to be Autodesk 360, and that is still there. As part of subscription you get 25 gigs of space and that site is still there.

http://360.autodesk.com

We also have a new forum for A360 Drive and you can get to it from here.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive/ct-p/201

Hope this helps answer your question and thanks for checking in.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 6 of 17
bmorse
in reply to: Mary_Morse

Hey, there's another Morse in the Autodesk world.  Greetings to you.

--
Brian Morse
Message 7 of 17
Mary_Morse
in reply to: bmorse

Hey Brian!  Greetings to you too!  It is fun to find other people with the same name, it is a small world!

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success
Message 8 of 17

HIT - The new look, feel, speed and accessibility

MISS - The "Actions" tab and the ability through that tab to "Edit Item Properties".  Not everyone on a collaborative team should have the ability to download, edit and then upload errors.  Same for restricting copying. 

Allan 

Message 9 of 17

Thanks for the input here Allan,

Much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 10 of 17
chubbard
in reply to: BrettWright

Brett,

In the new interface how does one "Folllow" a project to get notifications when there are updates.  Looks like you can switch back and change the settings, but there is no way to do that in the new interface.

Also the following settings are not available in the user profile so you can control what you get emails on and how often.

Any chance that will be implemented soon? I have to send all my new users back to the old interface so they can get emails. 

I like the new layout and model viewer, but lack of controls is dissapointing.

Message 11 of 17
BrettWright
in reply to: chubbard

Hi Christopher,

At this time currently, you're on the right track here.

• In order to "follow" a project" all that still has to be done in the old UI. (steps below show what to do after you go back to the old UI from the new UI)
  • This is on the roadmap, and in process, however, i don't have a definitive ETA at this time so we appreciate your patience with this, and we'll notify you as soon as it is in production in the New UI.
  • Please continue to share your feedback with us here in the forums as well be sure to post these ideas (if not already added) to the A360 Ideastation so that others can add their comments and kudo's to raise the rank & Awareness.

following a project.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 12 of 17
chubbard

Brett,

Is there a way to have all NEW users to a project get added with the OLD interface?

BTW I do not find anything wrong with the old interface once you learn where everything is located.

Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.
chris.h@quarry-group.com
(425) 329-2636
(425) 420-8995[cid:image001.png@01D15461.B414D4C0] c
(425) 286-8709[cid:image001.png@01D15461.B414D4C0] Skype
www.quarry-group.com
Message 13 of 17
BrettWright

Hi Christopher, 

• No, there is no simple "All members to follow" button.
  • Each member will have to go through the steps to be sure they're "following" the project(s) that they want to.

You might also post that to the A360 Ideastation so that others can also comment and add Kudo's to raise the rank and awareness. It's a good idea for sure.

Please keep the feedback coming,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 14 of 17
chubbard

Brett,

Actually i was asking if we can have new to A360 users go directly to the old interface.  Currenttly everyone gets the new interface as the default. 

After I set a people back to the old Interface pretty much everyone was able to locate and setup the Following.  So can you have all new users start with the old and switch if they want to after?

Message 15 of 17
BrettWright

Hi Christopher, 

• No, there is no option to have users start in the old and then go into the New UI.
  • The intent is to bring this (and other) functionality forward into the New UI because at somepoint in the future, the Old UI will be retired.
  • This will take time of course, and so that is the reason that we still allow the ability for users to go back into the old UI when they need to access that functionality that isn't in the new yet.

Thanks for asking, and let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 16 of 17
chubbard

Brett

I hope you  will get all the functionality from the old to the new soon and before you retire the old.

We have told all our users to revert because we have had so many missing features on the new.

I have posted those in the Ideastation, but there are tons of requests in there and most seem pretty reasonable.  so not sure how long it will take give the current pace of A360 updates.

Message 17 of 17
BrettWright

Understood and yes, to my knowledge, the old UI will remain until it's no longer required to go back to.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report