Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Object Properties

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
dcooke
1047 Views, 9 Replies

View Object Properties

Hi, 

I am having a problem viewing object properties on the mobile version. There is no ‘Properties’ bar to view selected object properties, as there is on the web viewer. The 'Parts'  bar lists the objects, but doesn't have the information of the properties bar. Has anyone found a way to view the properties through here?

There properties bar was available on the last version of this app, has anyone successfully loaded the previous version back onto their mobile device?

Dan

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi Dan,

I don't recall this being possible in the older mobile version, but I reached out to the team to see what they can find out. Can you tell us what type of file you are viewing?

Thanks for the update.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: dcooke

Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 Drive Forums.

I can see that the original IOS version of the mobile app did have this functionality, as well that the current version does not, so let me ping the mobile group to see if there is a plan to add that in at some point.

I looked at the current Android A360 App, and that as well has the functionality same as the original IOS app, so hopefully it's something that is already in the road-map. I'll let you know what I find out from them.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 4 of 10
ilai_rotbaein

Hi Dan,

I was happy to read your post because we are actually working these days on adding this exact capability and are expecting to deliver it in one of the upcoming version updates of our A360 mobile app.

I'm really hoping you'll find this capability useful for you and I personally invite you to share with me and the team anything else that you might like to see in A360 web or mobile. I assure you we take the feedback very seriously and make the best efforts to make our users as happy as possible.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Thanks,

Ilai Rotbaein,

A360 Team

Message 5 of 10
dcooke
in reply to: BrettWright

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the quick reply. In the meantime, would it be possible to load the original version of this app onto my mobile device (iPad) until this functionality is added? This would be big help as this functionality was used by the foreman on site at my company for layout of mechanical systems that have been designed in Revit.

Dan

Message 6 of 10
ilai_rotbaein

Hi Dan,

I'm happy to inform you that the recent version of A360 mobile now includes the object properties feature. Please check it out and tell us what you think.

If there are additional things you would like to see in A360, please feel free to reach out. We always welcome and appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,

Ilai Rotbaein

A360 Team

Message 7 of 10
CCTDESIGN
in reply to: ilai_rotbaein

how can I view extended data per a text? I can add what I need to civil 3d but cannot view what I add on the mobile app? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: CCTDESIGN

Hi Jeremiah,

Can you please provide a bit more detail here?

1. what do you mean by "viewing extended data per a text?"

2. are you asking about adding a hyperlink to a piece of text in a C3D file, and that it's not actionable in the A360 Mobile app, or something else here?

3. if I'm on the right track, you might try associating the hyperlink to the actual object within the file, and then looking at the properties dialogue within the Mobile app, as that might work better if that is an option for you.

If I'm off base here please let me know,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 9 of 10
CCTDESIGN
in reply to: BrettWright

I was able to add the information to the mtext extended data section. I am trying to view that information through the app. I'm thinking that adding a hyperlink will probably be my best option. I just didn’t want my techs out in the field having to start a new webpage every time they needed that information. Is there another way that I can add the information to a text without taking up to much room on the drawing?

Thanks,

Jeremiah McVey
OSP Design Engineer
Message 10 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: CCTDESIGN

Hi Jeremiah,

• Currently the hyperlink option doesn't show up in the Properties Dialogue box in A360 when you attach it to MTEXT it looks like. I tested it myself and see that it's not coming through.

• That being said, would you be able to attach your link to any "objects" in your file? I believe that will work, where the hyplerlink will then show up in the properties dialogue within A360. (We recently had a customer ask about this for Revit files, it worked for them, and the url it also came through in Mobile)

• Can you please try that with your C3D file and then let me know if that wont' work for you?

• In the meantime, would you also please add it to our A360 Ideastation so that others can also add their comments and kudo’s to raise the awareness and its ranking. This is a great idea i think.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

mtext hyperlink.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report