Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading and Metadata

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Steven.F.Rowland
234 Views, 1 Reply

Uploading and Metadata

Hej,

I am curious about uploading large numbers of files. Here is a use case: I use Revit to generate a large number of .pdf files. Each of these .pdfs should have some metadata relating to what phase of work they belong to, who they are for, what they are describing, etc. In a typical architectural project I might be uploading dozens, if not hundreds of files. We attach metadata to files throughout the authoring and design process in Revit, and choose what metadata to include when we publish. How can A 360 make it manageable to upload that metadata without the double work of manually adding that information again?

Steven

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Steven,

Thanks for posting your question about the PDF files and metadata from Revit. I moved this message from the General Discussion to Ask a Question as it seemed a better place for this.

Can you share more about what you want to do to manage this? Is the metadata embedded in the PDF or is it a lose file? Sorry, I am not a Revit user, but an AutoCAD user since 2.6. So if you can share more details on this we will have a better understanding of what the question is. Also can you share what your workflow is right now when doing this with the Tech Preview? For example do you create a project and then upload all the PDF files to the Project? Once we have a better understanding of what you are trying to do and how it works we can try to answer this. And it also sounds like this may even be a candidate for the IDEASTATION.

Thanks for posting to the Tech Preview and for getting us more details on this.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report