Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see BIM properties when 3D DWFx exported from Advance Steel

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
virajvoditel
456 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to see BIM properties when 3D DWFx exported from Advance Steel

Hello, I am trying to export from Advance Steel 2016 to A360. The file is exporting correctly but the BIM properties are lost.

Here is the link to my file: http://a360.co/1XbqkDK

Strangely this should not be happening because I came across files exported by others and they seem to have the correct information. E.g. http://a360.co/1FoLDui (I found this link on the Autdesk forums itself, uploaded by sdoinc)

Also in this video tutorial uploaded by Autodesk it seems to be working fine. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg_tO2u1ibM

I have followed the exact same steps as in the video but without any success. What might be going wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Viraj,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 Forum. Can you tell us what properties are missing?   Also I see you have two share links.  One to the FREE a360 online viewer and one using the A360 site.    There are small differences between the two sites.

Can you create a public share for both files and enable download for me.  Once you have the two links with download enabled, please eMAIL me direct at my first name . last name @ autodesk.com.  Just swap out frist.last with my first and last name. 

Thanks and looking forward to getting access to both of these files. 

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 5

Hello,

Since you pointed out the difference between the viewer and A360, I have uploaded my file to A360 as well with download on, on the link that I have emailed you.

The other file unfortunately is not mine, but one that I found on the forums itself, hence I cannot change the settings for that.

The properties that I am talking of are as shown in the image below:

1.png

(This is what I see when I click on a beam in my model)

2.png

(This is what I see when I click on a beam on his model. There are many many more parameters.)

It is not a file specific issue as I tried exporting just one single beam in a new file and it still won't show me the parameters. Should I be trying from a different PC? Or does this have to do with any settings?

Message 4 of 5

Hi Viraj,,

Thanks for sharing more details with us in eMAIL and please let us know how this goes for you.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 5

This was an issue related to the update which had to be done for Advance Steel. Applying Hotfix 1 solved this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report