Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status bar for generating preview

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
444 Views, 11 Replies

Status bar for generating preview

Uploaded three medium-ish sized Revit files about ten minutes ago. They still report "Generating preview". would be great to have some kind of status bar on the progress, or some kind of warning that it is expected to take X minutes so I don't think it's just broken. And if the preview generator is going to take a long time, maybe an option to email me when it's done so I don't just stick around and keep reloading the page. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Swathi_Vadlamani
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for posting your feedback! Ideally it should not take much time and the previews are expected to generate much sooner than 10 mins! If it is OK can you please share the revit files with me, so that I can try from my end? If not, please let us know the size of the uploaded files. You can mail me directly at [email removed, please contact Autodesk Support for assistance] or attach them to the post here. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Swathi_Vadlamani

Hey, there. I have invited you to the 360 Project where I uploaded the files. Hopefully that will be sufficient? They are too large to email and I would rather not post them here.

One file is abou 85MB, one it 53MB and one is around 27MB.

I also noticed this morning that the site is reporting that the "Translation Failed" so there's that as well now.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 12
ukdxb012

This would be useful as to make this a real time project collaboration tool, you cannot be waiting hours for a preview to generate, it must be a lot faster than the previous version of Autodesk 360 which was very slow.

The inclusion of a status bar would be useful but can Autodesk commit to how much time the previews will take? I'm a little worried that when this is live for everyone, the preview time will be affected further.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 12
Swathi_Vadlamani
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan,

I agree with you. As a user we wouldn't expect you to wait long hours waiting to see a preview. There were some issues translating all sheets in revit files. Our team is aware of it and are working on it. Hope once it gets fixed, the preview generation will be pretty much faster!
Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 6 of 12
Swathi_Vadlamani

Jason,

Our team has fixed the issue and I see that the model is showing up in the viewer. I've invited to the revit file on the TechPreview project. Please do take a look and keep me posted. Thanks!

Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 7 of 12

I'd like to add my support for this status of generating preview.  Even if it was just a timer counting down or something graphical would be a huge benefit.  It's been noted in another post that even some DWG files are having trouble generating a preview and a user as no idea how long it'll take.   Anyway I think this is an idea that should be in future releases of A-360.

Thanks,

-Bob

Message 8 of 12
Mary_Morse
in reply to: Bob.Sisco

Hi Bob-

We had some issues with preparing files for viewing (translation) over the last couple of weeks, but our dev team has addressed it. Can you please try uploading your file again and let us know if the preview is still taking a long time?

Thanks for jumping in with your suggestion. 

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Still would love to see a status bar. After seeing the reports that the conversion has been fixed, I have tried to upload the same files. It has been 30 minutes and I am still getting told that it is "Generating Preview". Extremely unhelpful.

Message 10 of 12
Mary_Morse

Thanks J-

I will pass your request on to the team, thanks for posting.  

Would also love to hear how you are using Autodesk 360.

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I uploaded my revit file (19mb) over an hour ago but I still cannot see the model. I am told that it is generating the preview, it shall be ready soon and I should try later. Not having a sense of how long it might be can be quite frustrating. 

Message 12 of 12
Swathi_Vadlamani

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are finding difficulty with Revit file translations. If its OK, can you please share the file with me at firstname.lastname@autodesk.com? I will reach out to the team on this and see that this gets fixed.

Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report