Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select 3D View to upload Revit

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
KALH
4814 Views, 23 Replies

Select 3D View to upload Revit

I was told that only the original {3D} view was uploaded from Revit.

I have a current project that doesnt have anymore that initial 3D View it was renamed, duplicated over and over.

Also if we want to show a truncated 3D view of our Revit model we need to modify the original 3D view, not good in a Best practices point of view! 

Solution: Be able to select the view of our choice to upload on myhub...

Thanks for listening.

Kal

A360 Services Early Adopter
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: KALH

Thanks Kal,

I will ask one of the Revit guys to jump in here and help you out.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 24

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have been discussing how to approach this in the future. What you suggested about supporting user selected views was part of that discussion.

For now, if you do want a 3D view for RVTs that you upload, please make sure your RVT has the default {3D} view and it is configured (view settings) as you wish it to appear when viewed in A360.

Thanks,

Scott Reinemann

Autodesk Inc.

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 4 of 24
KALH
in reply to: reinems74

Hi,

The default {3D} View, Scott is gone!!! (As I explained it in my initial post) so each time I want to upload the Revit model it upload a sheet view; A-001 (why this choice of sheet? it isnt even the first sheet!!! Must be a code defect...

Thanks for the answer though I am looking forwad for a quick resolution of this issue.

Kal

Early A360 adopter

Message 5 of 24
KALH

Hi Scott,

Another suggestion:

When you set the initial 3D View to a new home you will expect to see it as is when uploading the model. the orientation showing is always as shown below:

default orientation.png

FYI in Revit you cannot  decide for another orientation just because you like it better!! 

So the suggestion here is to follow the Home view because in Revit there is only one default home view.

Thanks for listening!

Message 6 of 24
KALH

Hi Scott, Team

We already got a dialog box to select a 3D view of our choice in A360 Rendering why cant we have a similar box to select a 3D View of our choice to upload to our project?3DSelect.png

Because collaborating isnt only about an entire 3D Model, we have sectional 3D Views, we got parts in 3D as well, etc.

Thanks for listening.

Kal

Message 7 of 24
reinems74

Hi Kal,

Sorry for my delayed reply. I was on vacation and this got lost during my email catch up 🙂

I want to understand what you are getting at with your Sheet. If the default 3D view isn't there (our logic currently looks for a 3D view with {} in it), we are supposed to create one - for viewing purposes called {3D} like you would get in Revit. It sounds like that isn't happening for you? So when you view your model in A360, you only see a single sheet A-001, is that what you are getting at? You should always see 1 3D view and all of your Sheets. If that's not happened, we would have to look at it to see where we have a problem in our code.

Thanks for being patient as we iron out the kinks! We appreciate your feedback.

Scott

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 8 of 24
reinems74

Your suggestion about lining up the view selection with what we do with rendering in the cloud is a good suggestion. We will keep that suggestion in mind.

Thanks!

Scott

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 9 of 24
reinems74

Kal - for the Home button, there are a couple issues we need to look at. The "last saved view" in the 3D view isn't reflected when viewed in A360. Also if you set a Home view in Revit, if you try to restore it in A360 by clicking on the Home button, it doesn't remember the home view you specified in Revit.

I have logged both.

Thanks again for reporting them.

Scott

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 10 of 24
KALH

The View cube comes (as shown below) "desoriented" on Revit 3D View. 3D DWFx looks fine

View Cube.png 

click on home icon or zoom in/out will "fix" it...is it by design?

Message 11 of 24
KALH

On that particular project I see only all my sheets, 3D View is MIA!
Message 12 of 24
reinems74

Hi,

The disoriented view cube isn't as designed. That's a bug. We know the extents come in funny with some 3D views (we are looking into it). If you ever see that happen, a technique I use to help the view get oriented is to hit "F" to Zoom Fit the 3D view to see the extents of the entire model.

Do you see the disoriented view cube with just that one model, or do you see it with other RVTs that you upload?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 13 of 24
reinems74

Hi Kal,

For the no 3D views problem, I think you have run across a bug that we can't reproduce here. If there is a chance that you can get me the model (or a simplified version of it...say with everything deleted from it, but just a wall or something like that), that would be great. You can email me at scott.reinemann@autodesk.com.

Looking forward to getting to the bottom of that.

Scott

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 14 of 24
reinems74

To close the loop on this. Kal sent me an RVT that shows this problem. I will log this and get someone to dig into this.

Thanks Kal for the super simple RVT that exhibits this problem!

Scott Reinemann

Revit Development

Autodesk

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 15 of 24
KALH

Hi Scott,

The full model is about 200 MB do you still need it?

Thanks,

Message 16 of 24
reinems74

Hey Kal,

The 2 MB model you sent is enough to reproduce the problem. We are good to start digging into this. Thanks!

Scott

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 17 of 24
KALH

Glad I was for some help! 

We are starting a big renovation project (Historical preservation) in Washington, DC.

I convinced the Design Team to use A360 Technology Preview as our main collaborative platform.

I need a robust A360 starting by early September 2014...hopefully everything will be fix or added by then (1 month guys!!! Get it done... I know you can do it!).

Thanks to th eentire Team for your efforts to accomplish this.

Cheers,

Kal Houhou

Director of Technology

M + J Architecture.

Washington, DC - USA

Message 18 of 24
Swathi_Vadlamani

Great to know Kal! I am sure your design team will love the experience. And yes our team is right on getting things done.
Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 19 of 24
reinems74

Hi again Kal,

Our team took a look at this. Definitely a bug on our end 🙂 When we create the default 3D view, we were also trying to set the Visual Style to Realistic. That was failing because the View Template that was applied to the new 3D view wasn't allowing that to be changed. 

We will work on this one. Points out a case we didn't take into account. Again, we appreciate you reporting this!

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Reinemann
Revit Development
Message 20 of 24
Anonymous

hi m  vira   your picture perfec

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report