Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser viewer Functionality

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
saaron
518 Views, 11 Replies

Browser viewer Functionality

At AU I saw and heard discussed that Audtodesk 360 Tech Preveiw have built-in (no plugin required) viewers for Revit, Navis, DWG, etc.  I don't see that feature implemented yet? Or does it take time to create the view after an upload?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hello,

First of all welcome to the Autodesk 360 Tech Preview and we are looking forward to hearing all the feedback you have for us.

When you started the Tech Preview, did you create a project? If so check the Project and Data. I uploaded two DWG files this morning and both of them are working fine.

Also what browser are you using. If your files are 3D be sure to use Chrome or Firefox.

Let us know more details and we can go from there. But it should be working for you.

Last but not least be sure to let us know what you think of the new look and feel of the Tech Preview.

Thanks again for posting the feedback and let us know about the uploads and if you see them under projects and Data.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 12

Yes I created a project and I am trying various files types. I used Chrome and was uploading Revit, Navisworks and .SWF files. Just tried a DWG 6.2MB it say "Generating Preview" for over 10 Mins when I select the drawing Icon.
Message 4 of 12

Thanks for the update. Let it go for a while longer and see if it finishes. I am not sure how long it will take to translate the file before it will be viable.

is this a 2D or 3D file and how complex is it? What happens if you create a DWF or DWFx of it first, will that display?

Thanks and let us know how this goes.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 12

Just wanted to check back and see if the files loaded for you yet. If not can you share them with me. Be sure I have download access as well. Share with my first name "." last name "@" autodesk.com so So first.last@autodesk.com

Thanks
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 6 of 12

Update …The 6.2 MB Drawing loaded the preview at 14 mins. I don’t see this happening for other 3D file types though.

Yes I created a project and I am trying various files types. I used Chrome and was uploading Revit, Navisworks  and .SWF files. Just tried a DWG 6.2MB it say “Generating Preview” for over  10 Mins when I select the drawing Icon.

Message 7 of 12

Thanks for the update. Translating drawings for view can depend on how busy the servers are and the file types.

We are reaching out to the team to see if the other file types you are asking about are supported yet in the Tech Preview. Once we hear back we will let you know.

Thanks
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 8 of 12
Swathi_Vadlamani
in reply to: saaron

I tried uploading a huge dwg file and it previewed in less than a min. Very sorry to know that it took long time for you in generating previews. As Bud mentioned, this would have happened because of busy servers or slow internet connection. If you don't mind, can you please try again and keep us posted? Looking forward in hearing from you.
Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 9 of 12
Swathi_Vadlamani
in reply to: saaron

Just checking in. May I know if the file previews are showing for you?
Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 10 of 12

Is there work in progress to allow 3D viewing for IE browser? Many companies do not allow other type of browsers such as chrome or firefox. IE needs to view 3D objects.  What is the problem with IE?

Thanks,

Message 11 of 12

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for asking about IE and 3D viewing. We have been looking into this to sort out what the issues are. In the past the issues were that IE did not support the ability to view 3D models. IE 11 partially supports this and I believe that is what the team is looking into.

Can you go to the IDEASTATION and post this something that you want to see in the future. The team is actively looking at this section and it's a GREAT place to post

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-360-Tech-Preview/idb-p/3014future requests.

Thanks again and please post this as an idea.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 12 of 12

I hope ie11 will be supported as seems to match, tech wise, Chrome but much more likely to be accepted on our network. Struggle to get IE updates, impossible to get other browsers esp as creates exceptions for IT to manage.

We are a small user group in large company so they have to manage to suit most users.

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report