Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android or apple

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
367 Views, 3 Replies

Android or apple

Good day
I am currently studing Draughting and
I would like to start using the moble apps, but dont know where to start. Have to take measurements alot and currently using my phone with pixlr express .
Seeing that i have to buy the Tablet/I-Pad
Apple or Android,
pro's and con's

Please any advice would be helpfull,
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Eugeune,

Welcome to the A360 feedback forums. It's really a personal preference on what device you get. I use both Android and Apple and really like both of them. I tend to use my iPAD the most. But that is my personal preference. Our apps run great on both and so it may come down to features and price for you.

Others should jump in as well to share there thoughts and experiences with you.

You might want to add what desktop applications you are currently using as well. That might also be helpful in getting you pointed at the right devices and even the right apps. For example if you are using AutoCAD, you can use A360 Mobile for viewing and collaboration with others. You can also use the A360 WEB Site as well. These are for viewing and commenting as well as collaborating with others.

http://autodesk360.com

There is also AutoCAD 360 and it's an editor that you can use on the WEB as well as on a mobile device.

https://client.autocad360.com/

Again welcome to the forum and good luck with finding the right mobile device. Others should also jump in with ideas as well.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 4
jay_miller1
in reply to: Anonymous

I use a Nexus 7 because it is cheap and has plenty of features and I love it.  It does seem that Apple products get the apps first, even from Autodesk, probably because they are more standardized to write them for, but they usually hit Android eventually.  Personally I like the Android ecosystem, but we have and use both Android and iOS in the office, both work well.

One word of caution on Android, there are some really cheap tablets available using underpowered processors and old operating systems, stick with the bigger names and current versions of Android.

Jay Miller

BHB Consulting Engineers, P.C.
Tags (3)
Message 4 of 4
BrettWright
in reply to: jay_miller1

Jay,

Thanks for the advice and recommendation here, really appreciate it.

It's so important to hear from our customers like yourself. Your recommendations based on real world working experience(s) go a long way when others are doing research on what others have done.

Really appreciate it,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report