Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Project count?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Chad-Smith
321 Views, 5 Replies

A360 Project count?

I'm a little confused with how many Projects an A360 account is able to have.

Over on the graphic in this post, it states just one (1). Yet in my account I am able to create more than that.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrettWright
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Hi Chad,

I think you're asking about this graphic in the article. For "A360 Team" users, you get unlimited projects. For "A360 Tech Preview" users, that is where the 1 project limit is.

Thanks, 

Brett Wright

A360 Customer Success

purchase levels.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 6
Chad-Smith
in reply to: BrettWright

Yes that is the graphic.

So my original question still stands. With A360, why am I able to have more than 1 project when this graphic says only 1?

Message 4 of 6
ukdxb012

I agree with Chad, the graphic is not strictly true... I have multiple projects inside A360 Tech Preview. I can therefore keep creating new projects and inviting new users to those projects to collaborate.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
BrettWright

Hi Chad,

Leave it to the new guy (me) to tell you the wrong thing right out of the gate, forgive me.

Here is really what is happening on your end.

You currently have an A360 "Tech Preview" site which allows you create unlimited projects currently. (which is the site you're asking about)

You also have a new 30 Day "Team" trial site which is currently allowing you to do the same. (only for the 30 days)

The graphic below, where I initally stated Tech Preview is really what you're 30 day Team Trial reverts back to IF you choose not to purchase your Team site at the end of the 30 days.

Hope that helps clarify better,

Thanks,

Brett 

purchase levels2.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 6 of 6
Chad-Smith
in reply to: BrettWright

Thanks Brett.

So, what ulitmately happens to the 'Tech Preview' accounts in the future?

Now for some general feedback based on what you have mentioned.

Firstly, I think the paid subscription for Team is probably about on the money.

As for the 'free' account, I have a problem with it.

The free account as it's currently noted in the graphic is not quite the problem. The problem is that I think you need a second tier of free.

I think you need a middle account level for users who already have an ADSK product license. This account level should be:

• 10 GB storage
  • Unlimited projects
  • No Team Members
  • Unlimited Project Collaborators
  • Community Support

The market I think you are missing out on (ignoring) is the Maker community. These are the users who probably have already bought an ADSK license like for Inventor, and would like to promote their project with other like minded collaborators.

Even down to the sole business operator who wants to share a project with their client for comment. These are the low use consumers who simply want to store and communicate infrequently. If their business grows, well then they expand to a Team account.

Given that the A360 Drive accounts aren't all that useful and most users/license wouldn't make too much use of them, why not allow the user to put that storage space and server CPU cycles to better use for them? They are after all paying for that priveledge.

Overview

Free Entry Level account - Call it a very limited use trial of the service if you will.

Free Subscription account - For the Maker, and sole business operator who already have an ADSK product license.

Team - For actual organisations, and an upgrade option from the Free Subscription account.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report