Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 for Revit

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
557 Views, 11 Replies

A360 for Revit

Is A360 only for revit 2015??

How to access the central file in revit once it has been uploaded by a project member??

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Vishal,

I'm not sure I totally understand your question. A360 will allow you to upload a Revit file and then view it. If you are invited to the project that the file has been uploaded to then you should be able to view that file.

Hopefully this answers your question and if not let us know more details and we can try to answer the question.

Thanks.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

My question was how can i use a360 instead of Revit server...
Can other team members work simultaneously on the central model placed in the a360 project.If you have a detailed workflow explaining the model collaboration procedures for Revit ...can u share it .???
Message 5 of 12
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Vishal,

We're you at Autodesk University? We did a Hangout on Thursday morning and one of the Revit Team members was showing how they will be working with A360 in the future. I'll forward your question to The team to see if they have anything that can be shared with you. You might also check in the Revit forum.

Hope this helps.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Can we use A360 as a Revit Server for multiple geographical location projects.

can we acess central model in A360 from Revit 2015...??

Thank you

Regards

Vishal

Message 6 of 12
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Vishal,

I merged your question into your other post and the short answer is not at this time. I did ask a couple of the Revit Team members if they can jump in here with more details for you though. But right now you would still need to use Revit Server. See more comments above and hope this helps.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 7 of 12
KyleB_Autodesk

Vishal,

Yes, that is exactly what the service is designed to allow.  Team members across sites and company networks can concurrent author the same set of Revit model(s).  Note that currently the solution is only available for subscription in North America, and for use by teams with good bandwidth & low latency to the US East Coast.  Over time we intend to support teams across the world.

Our product page is live now, so check that out first.  And if you have specific questions, we're glad to help.

Cheers,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12

Thanks Kyle for jumping in to help.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Hi Kyle,

Does A360 perform host and accelerator roles  with RevitServers so the one user with a RevitServer in one office can concurrently edit and author a revit model with another office that does not have revit server but does subscribe to A360. Also is A360 the same as Autodesk 360?

Thanks

Message 10 of 12
KyleB_Autodesk

Good questions, here's some answers:

1. A360 plays the host role, in Revit Server parlance.  It handles the element permissions for the project models, keeps track of model versions, facilitates delat transfers to clients, etc.  As a modern cloud service, it also interfaces with other parts of the A360 ecosystem.
  2. The client machine that runs Revit plays the Accelerator role.  We have a Revit Accelerator process that is installed as part of the Collaboration for Revit addon, which runs independently of Revit and pre-fetches deltas just like the Accelerator servers do in Revit Server implementations.
  3. A360 is the rebranding of Autodesk 360, yes.  But keep in mind we are talking about the next generation, project-focused, A360 collaboration platform.  Not the previous generation, data-focused, A360 platform.  Autodesk360.com will show you more.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

I wanted to revisit this question to see if anything has changed.

Can A360 Team host a Revit central file that can be worked on simultaneously from separate geographical locations? Will it sync properly?

I know that A360 Collaboration for Revit is able to perform this task. I am wanting to know if A360 Team can also do this at a lower level.

Message 12 of 12
KyleB_Autodesk

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to revisit this question to see if anything has changed.

Can A360 Team host a Revit central file that can be worked on simultaneously from separate geographical locations? Will it sync properly?

I know that A360 Collaboration for Revit is able to perform this task. I am wanting to know if A360 Team can also do this at a lower level.

Seth,

The base A360 Team product has no capability to carry out Cloud Worksharing on Revit models.  Cloud Worksharing is the primary differentiation for the C4R product, which also contains A360 Team.  We have no plans to make Cloud Worksharing part of the base A360 product.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report