Announcements
Announcement: A360 Drive Ideas was archived on July 24, 2018. You can still share ideas on the A360 Drive Forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search needs to work for shared items

search needs to work for shared items

The search in A360 Drive does not search shared folders.

This really needs to work. I have shared a folder with a few thousand files with some colleagues, but they cannot use the search which slows them down considerably. Currently I am logging them in with my account so that the can use the search feature, this is far from ideal.

Kenny

12 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with this.

When I run a search in my A360 drive it can happily find files in the route directory and also files in folders which I own. But it does not search into folders owned by other users even though they have shared them with me with full rights.

Anonymous
Not applicable

it also doesn't search and find any files that have been shared with you in these shared folders, but does find shared files when they are in your route location or in a folder you own.

It makes searchign very confusing and most of the time when sharing files it makes the search functionality useless. 

matthewcadle
Participant

Hi,

I also am having this issue (2 years later, I notice). As stated, this is far from ideal.

Can we get a response from Autodesk about rectifying this?

Thanks

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support

Hey Guys,

As you know we are changing A360 Drive right now in the new UI.  I'll reach out to the team to see if the search updates will include shared folders.  

Thanks for checking back.

matthewcadle
Participant

Thanks for your respose Bud. How far off is the new UI?

Cheers

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support

Hi Matthew,

You can use the new UI now, it's enabled.  The new sharing is a ways out yet, but I did share this with the team, so that we don't let it slip though the cracks.   

Hope this helps.  

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Under Review

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Under Review

matthewcadle
Participant

Hi Bud,

I notice that this is under review, what is the status of it and how far out would a solution be?

Thanks

matthewcadle
Participant

Hi Bud,

Is there any update on a solution for the above?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report