Announcements
Announcement: A360 Drive Ideas was archived on July 24, 2018. You can still share ideas on the A360 Drive Forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Files and Folders should be able to be shared via link

All Files and Folders should be able to be shared via link

Sharing should always allow for a unlisted link to be shared (such as Google's "Anyone with the link Can View" option), for files and folders. This is the fastest and most flexible way to get up and running quickly with any file sharing system. It should not always be necessary to share via email invite, because this can slow down the collaboration process.

4 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ian.roth
Explorer

It looks like this still hasn't been implemented in the "new" version of A360 Drive (as of January 2016). I fully and emphatically agree... sharing needs to be dead-simple, not requiring the recipient to have to sign up for anything. Notice how Google Photos recently changed their setup, now you can create a sharable link for any image or album without requiring the recipient to register or log in. No one wants "yet another thing" to sign up for, or another username/password to remember. Let me upload a file, grab a link, and e-mail it to my recipient. 

JrodSchultz
Enthusiast

Agree!!!

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report