Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zip files and downloading

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bernardlappe
660 Views, 7 Replies

zip files and downloading

It would be nice if the defaut link when shareing zip files does not got to the viewer tab, but rather to document details. Ifind this confuses some people when trying to download.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrettWright
in reply to: bernardlappe

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 Drive forum.

Would you be able to send me a screenshot so that I can see exactly what you're seeing on your end?

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 8
bernardlappe
in reply to: BrettWright

I think it would be better if the default view was the .."=detail" view
Message 4 of 8
TalonOne
in reply to: bernardlappe

YES ABSOLUTELY!  I sent out 50 links to customers last week and this confused EVERYONE!  ESPECIALLY since the /.ZIP files fail to get past the 'prepairing' spinning circle.

I probably lost a bunch of sales because people thought I was a goofball sending bad links.

Matt

Message 5 of 8
reeses
in reply to: TalonOne

At first I wasn't getting the issue but I think I see it clearly now. I think the team had an assumption that the file being shared was something that would be "viewable" (model, drawing, doc, ppt, etc) and A360 doesn't know what to do when the file you are sharing is actually a .zip file.

Is that the issue? Let me know and we will push to get it fixed asap. Sorry for the trouble guys.

Scott

Message 6 of 8
TalonOne
in reply to: reeses

Here's an example of something that generates the issue:

http://a360.co/1oIePkw

Matt

Message 7 of 8
ilai_rotbaein
in reply to: TalonOne

Hi Matt,

Thank you for sending the link, the issue is perfectly clear now and I agree it would make more sense for the default view to be "document details" when sharing a zip file. I'll forward it to the team so they can fix it.

Thanks for your help in troubleshooting this.

Thanks,

Ilai

Message 8 of 8
rajdeepg
in reply to: ilai_rotbaein

Hi Matt,

We have updated 360 Drive Web UI so that when you click/navigate to a zip file, it takes you to the details tab.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Raj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report