Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is A360 Drive doing ?

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
alijax1972
945 Views, 16 Replies

What is A360 Drive doing ?

I came into the office this morning & recieved a call from an irritated client (prior to logging into my PC) as it seams that my A360 account has been uploading drawing files that I had downloaded the previous day.

This occuered another time but when I had opened drawings through Autocad & the modified drawings were uploaded - I fixed this by disabling the check box in online options.

A360 seems to be uploading files that I havent opened please help.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
BrettWright
in reply to: alijax1972

Hi Alistair, sorry for the trouble you're having.

Just to confirm, can you share with me which product & version of desktop product you're using as well which version of Sync please? ie. AutoCAD 2013 and Sync v5.2.3.1000

That will help us get started,
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 17
alijax1972
in reply to: BrettWright

A360 Version 5.1.4.1000
AutoCAD 2014
Revit 2014
Message 4 of 17
BrettWright

Hi Alistair,

Can you try to update your A360 to the latest version 5.2.3.1000 and then let me know if that makes a difference please?
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 17
alijax1972

where do I update this, please can you provide a link.
Message 6 of 17
BrettWright

Alistair,

In your system tray at the bottom lower right of your screen you should see the Sync icon with a small orange arrow pointing downward. Clicking on that should allow you to do the update. 

product update available icon.png

Let me know if that isn't present for you.

Thanks,

Brett

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 7 of 17
alijax1972

no there is no "Product Update available" arrow - but there is a sync icon which is spinning.

Message 8 of 17
BrettWright

Alistair,

I'm checking further into this with a colleague re: the version/update, but in the meantime would let me know if you can log out and back into sync (by right clicking on the icon) and if that makes any difference.
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 9 of 17
alijax1972

these are the options available to me:

Message 10 of 17
BrettWright

Are you right in the middle of a big upload of Files, or is it just "synching" for no reason by chance?

I'm wondering if you can do a full reboot of your machine to see if that then gives you the ability to see the update or subsides the synching for you to log out and then back in.
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 11 of 17
alijax1972

Brett, I have rebooted & the same version (no option to upgrade)

I am have not "clicked" to the best of my knowledge to upload any files, I have been added to a Project on Autodesk 360 & this is where the Issue is coming from.

Autodesk 360 is uploading files that I have downloaded, back up to the Server I downloaded them from.

Please look at the screengrab image, I work for eCubed Building Workshop & I have not opened the files listed BUT apparently I have uploaded them to the Project Drive.

Message 12 of 17
BrettWright

Ok thanks Alistair,

Does the sync'ing ever stop? Or, is it just in a constant state of uploading and then re-uploading the same files from the files that you've downloaded, or is it also uploading other files too?

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 13 of 17
alijax1972

The Syncing is constant - & because of the number of files associated with this project I am struggling to keep up in terms of what I have downloaded.

Why is there not an update file I can download & run ?

Message 14 of 17
alijax1972

I have had to pause the Icon in the system tray, as it was constantly syncing ?
Message 15 of 17
BrettWright

Alistair,

Tell me if this might be a possibility for what you're seeing.

A360 is designed to "sync" or "upload" your files as you make modifications to them, so could it be that you're action of being in and out of these files (making changes) might be causing the constant syncing if there are a large quantity of files? And if bandwidth is an issue for you, that it might be taking a longer time than normal?

Let me know if that might be the case. As well, could you please send me your log files at first.last@autodesk.com by following the below steps? We'll take a look at those as well to see if there is anything telling there.

I believe your version of Sync is fine, it's the 2014 version, mine is different only because i have AutoCAD 2015, so that is the reason for the different version on my end.

Thanks,
Brett

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync

AdSync.log
AdSync.log.1
AdSync.log.2

... and all the AsSync.log.* files.

Also grab the AdSync.db file.

Put all these into a zip file with your name on it.

Also grab the Cache DB file...
NOTE: This file will be located in a folder that represents your Autodesk 360 login account.

C:\Users\your_computer_login_name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync\Cache\

Grab the AdSyncCache.db file.

Note that this may not be possible unless you disable sync from startup, log out of sync and then re boot your system.

You can do that the following way...

Right click on the Sync icon in your system tray.

Click on Preferences

From the Autodesk 360 Preferences dialog uncheck the Application dialog.

Start Autodesk 360 when I log on to Windows

Now sign out of Sync

Re start your computer and then grab the AdSyncCache.db file. You can add it to the same zip file as your log and other DB files.
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 16 of 17
BrettWright

Ali,

In the log files that you sent, we see that sync is failing to delete 26 files (over and over again), prior to it trying to upload/update them again. That action fails, so then sync just keeps trying to upload them over and over again, hence the neverending sync.

Can you manually delete the list of 26 attached below from your online 360 site, and then see if that makes a difference?

Just right click on the A360 icon in your lower system tray, then select Launch Autodesk 360 Web. Lets see if deleting them from there first helps the issue. It might not, but lets at least try it.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 17 of 17
BrettWright

Ali, Sean,

I'm closing this issue since you are no longer experiencing the issues that you were previously.

I'll document that we worked offline with our development team and identified that there were files trying to be deleted in your log files that we believe was causing the constant upload issue.

You were able to delete them from the online A360 Folders, (and started using Chrome) as well Sean your issue as remedied by you not being logged into Revit when accessing A360.

Please reach out to us if you have any other issues.
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report