Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to allow clients to view my models?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
unclemymy
737 Views, 1 Reply

What do I need to allow clients to view my models?

I have Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015, with a maintenance subscription.  Apparently "Autodesk 360" comes with that.

I don't need to share projects or files for other engineers to work on, I just need to allow my clients to have a good 3D view of my models.  I initially tried exporting as DWFx, but the free viewer wouldn't work for the MAC users.  Now, I've gone to 360 (though it's WAY too confusing to know WHICH 360), and apparently the MAC users are go, but the Internet Explorer users are left out.  We can probably work around that.

My question is, what is the best solution for allowing clients to view my models?  No collaboration, no modeling, project sharing etc. - just viewing.  Is it 360, and if so, which one?  Do I now have "Autodesk 360" or "A360" for "A360 Drive"?  Is there another viewer I should try?

Solidworks allows me to save a file as a 3D PDF, and I've opened many of my Inventor files in Solidworks for that sole purpose.  Should I continue to do that?

If you don't do CAD, but you want to look at my model, how should I give it to you?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrettWright
in reply to: unclemymy

Hi Myron,

Here are the answers to your questions below, but drop me an email at first.last@autodesk.com if you want to discuss further live.

• Yes, A360 Drive is part of your Subscription Entitlement, and for each named user of PDSultimate, you get one FREE 25gb site to use.
  • With A360 Drive you can also publicly share any file that you've uploaded so that it's view only. (steps below)

public share steps drive.png

• With A360 Team, this is our latest version and includes all the new collaboration functionality along with the new LMV large model viewer that enhances the 3D file viewing capabilities. (autodesk360.com/features has all the detail)
  • A360 Team also allows you to share files that you've uploaded publicly so that they are view only as well. (steps below) 
  • Also check out our Knowledge Network for all the latest learning content that we have on Team.

public share steps team.png

• Even though you're not interested in a lot of the functionality that we've built into Team, you might do a 30 day trial just to be sure. Team is linked to your Drive account so that you could migrate some test data over. In the end if it's something that you do find of value, there are two options for you to check out (free or pay, details below)

free vs pay options.png

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report