Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit model wont upload to 360

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mark.silcock
887 Views, 7 Replies

Revit model wont upload to 360

I have an Architechs model of about 100meg that wont upload to 360 via the website. If I drag it into the folder via windows exporer the file will save there ok but never gets the green tick sync'd icon.

What could be casuing the problem.

Oh and originally the model was shared to me via a 360 link from the Architechs account. There is an option to save the model to my account instead of downloading the file but that would come up with an error as well.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrettWright
in reply to: mark.silcock

Mark,

There might be a few things here so lets go through the list to see if any of these might be causing the issue for you.

1. in the System Tray "sync" icon, can you please right click on that and verify that your "syncing' is not paused.
2. from the same system tray icon, try and see if you can force the "sync' to occur, should be the first option.
3. Test, can you manually do the upload (not using sync)? Just to see if it uploads that way?
4. can we verify that you have the most current version of sync? (link below)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive-general-discussion/where-to-get-the-latest-updates-for-a360...

5. is this the only file that won't sync or are you having trouble with other files too?
6. have you done a full reboot on your machine?

Let me know if none of these make a difference.
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 8
Terryzin

Hi Mark,

If your model is a shared file, could you please make sure you have write privillege? If you don't write privillege, your update will not be upload to server via A360 desktop.

Thanks,

Terry

Message 4 of 8
mark.silcock
in reply to: BrettWright

Hi thanks for the response, answers below
1: syncing is not paused as says all files are up to date
2: have tried this with no difference
3: Manual upload? not sure what you mean. if you mean dragging it into the 360 folder then no it doesn't sync
4: 5.2.3.1000 is the version I am running
5: some folders look like they havent sync'd but the files inside have
6: yes machine reboots everyday and I have the same issue from my home and work PC's

Thansk
Message 5 of 8
mark.silcock
in reply to: Terryzin

Do you mean right clicking on the file and selecting properties to check read only etc. or something revit related? The model still has worksets enabled so is either a local copy or the central i can't remember. Just checking the security settings on the file and I have full read write allowances.

Thanks
Message 6 of 8
Terryzin

2014-12-05_1743.pngYou can check it from A360 Web or A360 drive. Please check my screen shot.

Message 7 of 8
mark.silcock
in reply to: Terryzin

OK so I was sent a 360 link by the architects to the model. I tried clicking on the Copy to my cloud documents and I get the Error copying file pop up. So I downloaded the file to my PC and are trying to upload it to my 360 account so i don't get to see the privileges of the file. I can send you the original link via PM if you like.
Message 8 of 8
mark.silcock

So I opened the model, detached from central and resaved as a new central, dragged it in the 360 folder and it seems to have sync'd this time round.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report