Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Part Decal features do not show in A360 preview

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
karl.hosking
681 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Part Decal features do not show in A360 preview

When an Inventor part contains a decal feature which consumes an image, this does not render when viewing the part via A360. An example in the image below;

Decal fail.png

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Karl,

Thanks for posting the screen shots. A360 Drive does not have the ability to display the decals at this time. Some textures work, but not decals. You might want to post this to our IdeaStation for future consideration. Here is the direct link.

A360 Drive IdeaStation:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive-ideastation/idb-p/202

Thanks and hope this helps.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 9

Thanks Bud,

The same problem regarding Inventor Decal features not exporting also applies to;

- A360
 - Navisworks
 - Showcase
 - 3DSMax

But for some strange reason it was patched to work with Design Review 2013, allowing .DWFx files to show Inventor Decal features.

Previously I've logged this issue via Autodesk support, but again I will log it on the Idea Station.

Thanks,
Karl

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 9

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the update and for doing both the IdeaStation and sending in a defect.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 9
scotch_rules
in reply to: karl.hosking

Hi, thanks for this helpful thread. I have a Inventor model that I need to show on my mobile. But it seems everyway I try, I can't get the decals to show. 

If the show in DWFx, does that mean if I open my model in A360 using the DWFx, will the decals be supported?

Thanks for your help

Message 6 of 9

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for posting your question to the forum. I would suggest giving it a try with a DWF and see if that works. If it does not please go ahead and create an idea in the IdeaStation. Then we can open this up to comments and kudos from others. Here is the direct link to the IdeaStation.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive-ideastation/idb-p/202

Thanks and please let us know how this goes.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 7 of 9

I tried all sorts of file types including stl, stp, igs, 3ds, and more. 

The best results were from dwf files. Not all of the decals showed, but some. All of the decalls that didn't show instead had a reflection view, and when you zoomed in, you saw the cars and things from the picture used for effect. So I'm not sure what differenciated some decals to others, but for some reason, some worked and some didn't. But I couldn't find anyway of having it fully viewable with all decals. 

Message 8 of 9

Thanks Olivia for letting us know what you are seeing. Be sure to post this to the IDEASTATION so we can open it up to comments and Kudos.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 9 of 9
Alvaro.perez
in reply to: scotch_rules

I had the same problem with the reflection picture showing... I found out that if u go into the appearance browser and click the pencil on the color to open the appearance editor, you can change the finish to flat/matte and your decal should show on A360. My finish was on gloss when it would show the reflection image with the cars on it... oh and the type might have to be wall paint... im not sure but thats what worked for me. I just duplicated gray and changed the color as needed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report