Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Shared folder invite not updating

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
marshall212
328 Views, 7 Replies

HELP: Shared folder invite not updating

Hi,

I have a structure with the root folder (shared) under which I have a series of sub-folders which then contain drawings for different functions.

I've invited a colleague to the root shared folder in A360 and he accepts the invite and is able to view the root structure of the folder. He is not however able to access the folders below. On clicking them in the web interface nothing happens and when clicking folder details he is told the folder is not found or permissions are not right.

Within the shared menu, when he has accepted the invite I see the invite still pending and then a duplicate entry with his acceptance. If I try and delete the invite it will remove the accepted entry but the invite will remain. I can no longer remove this invite.

I've tried adding the colleague with three different accounts now and the same thing happens every time. I now have three invites which I cannot delete and not one will give him appropriate access.

This is not an issue with anyone I previously added. The account he logs in with matches the email address on the invite.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there a solution to it?

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
marshall212
in reply to: marshall212

Just to clarify, I have tried logging into a couple of machines and clearing cache and this has not resolved the issue.
Message 3 of 8

Hi Adam,

Can you try a test with a different folder and sub folders. Then invite him to the share of that folder and see if that works?

Also can you tell us how you are sharing the folder with him, for example is it full access?

Thanks for posting your question and let us know how this goes.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 4 of 8

Hi Bud,

With different folders (outside of the root) it works fine. Sub folders do not have the option to share, only the root ones do (is this not by design?).

I've tried all three access types to no avail. As before stated I have tried three different user accounts for the colleague and all have the same problem with this folder. I have this morning tried another colleague and they find the same issue.

This issue only occurred in the past few days. Last week I was able to add new share contacts correctly.

Thanks
Message 5 of 8
marshall212
in reply to: marshall212

Quick update: Tried copying the directory to a new root folder and re-adding users but the same issue occurs with all users. Is it possible for someone in tech to take a look?
Message 6 of 8

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the updates. Can you send me an eMAIL with the link to the folder that you are sharing and the eMAIL address of the person you are trying to share it with? Send it to my first name..last name @ Autodesk.com, just swap out first.last with my actual first and last name.

Also can you use that same eMAIL address to try sharing that folder with me?

Last but not least when you send me the eMAIL with the details, can you also let me know what the directory structure if for the folders that you are sharing? For example is the sub folders just one level deep, or are they nested two or three levels?

If I have more questions, I will ask them once I get an eMAIL from you.

Thanks for working with us on this and getting us more details.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 7 of 8

Just sent, let me know if you don't get the email.
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Adam,

I just replied to your eMAIL, and I recieved the share as well. Once we sort out the issue, we can circle back here with an update.

Thanks
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report