Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Sync Errors

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
Anonymous
1743 Views, 26 Replies

Constant Sync Errors

I am using Bldg Design Suite Premium 2014, and am getting constant sync errors from A360 via tray icon. It cannot sync without have the red delta w/ '!'. It happens on both my work computer (Win 7 x64) and home laptop (Win 8.1 x64) both with the same 2014 software. I have the most recent service packs, and am using A360 version 5.2.3.1000.

This problem started happening around the middle of last week and has finally annoyed me enough to ask if anyone else has the same problem.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Charles,

Thanks for posting to the forums and the details on what version you are running. Can you open doyble click thevSync Desktop icon and then check the files and folders. They will have an icon that shows green, or red. The red files failed to sync. We may need to have you check the log files as well, but let's first see if we can sort out what is causing the errors. You can also try right clicking on the sync icon in system tray. Then click sync nowvto see if it can upload the files that have failed to upload.

Give that a try and let me know what you see and if forcing the files to sync it makes a difference.

Thanks

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Bud,
I have tried "sync now" several times over the past 2 weeks, but it keeps giving the sync error. I also receive the "customization sync - error" from within AutoCAD. Looking in the A360 folder itself, all files/folders are green. I don't have many files, as I primarily use other cloud services. In fact, I haven't added files/folders to A360 in months.
Message 4 of 27
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Charles,

The error looks like it's comming from Customization Sync.  Can you try going into the Options dialog and then the Online TAB.  Then unchecking the "Sync my settings with the cloud"  It looks like one of your customizatino settings is not happy.  See if unchecking this stops the error from returning.

Thanks and let me know how this goes.

Customization Sync.jpg

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous

I unchecked the box, hit ok, then did a sync now from A360 tray icon. I still receive an error.
Message 6 of 27
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Charles,

Can you eMAIL me direct a screen shot of the actual error message. We may need to get some log files and other information from you. Send it to my first name "." last name "@" autodesk.com, so first.last@autodesk.com, just swap out first.last with my first and last name.

Thanks in advance for getting the screen shots and working with us to sort out what is going on.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 7 of 27

Just wanted to post an update. Chad re named the local sync folder that forced the baseline to rebuild for the online files. Since doing that, he is no longer getting any sync errors.

Thanks Chad for working with us to resolve this and have a great Holiday.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous

Some more details:

In order to rename the folder, I had to disable Autodesk 360 from starting with windows (right click tray icon -> preferences), then shut down computer, wait 60 seconds, and restart. Otherwise the folder would appear to be locked by explorer.exe.

Here's the folder itself:

A360-5.jpg

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous

Problem is back...with a vengeance. I recently reformatted both my work and home computer, and the constant sync errors are back. I have followed my own steps above, and even went as far as overwriting my online settings from AutoCAD with newly configured local settings.

After overwriting my online settings with local settings, I notice AutoCAD seems to hang on uploading settings (found by clicking on account portrait in the top-right corner). On my home computer, I go to sync my settings with 360, select discard local settings and use online settings, and the screen flashes for a second while AutoCAD reloads the default settings, not what I had customized on my work computer. Previously (before reformatting and overwriting my online settings with local settings) both computer would at least load the same online settings, albeit with sync errors as described above.

I'm beginning to think my A360 account has corrupt customization files. I'll try again with a different A360 account and see if that works...

Message 10 of 27
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Chad,

When you re installed AutoCAD or the Design Suite, did you also make sure to update both the office and home systems so that you have the latest version of A360 Desktop Sync. If not, can you try going to the following link and follow the instructions on updating both your home and office computers.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive-general-discussion/where-to-get-the-latest-updates-for-a360...

Once they are updated, then you can try making sure that your user %temp% folder is clean on both the home and office systems. Then try re naming the folder like above.

Let us know how that goes and thanks for the update.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous

After reformatting, I allowed both computers to fully update A360 (took two updates if I remember correctly). I then let the sync errors attempt to resolve themselves for the next day or two, at which point I used the solution we discussed before, involving renaming the Autodesk Sync folder and letting it re-create it. I still had sync errors, which led me today to create a new A360 account simply to test storing and restoring customization settings between two computers.

I have logged into A360 as the new account on both computers simultaneously (working remotely), and thus far haven't had any sync errors. I have been able to both sync customization settings to A360, and restore them on the other computer without any issue or error.

I'll report back if the sync errors return.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous

It's been two more days without any sync errors or other issues with customization files while using a newly created A360 account, so I believe my previous account was corrupted in some way which caused the constant sync issues.
Message 13 of 27
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

HimChad,

Thanks for the update. It could be one of the other folders on your system under the older profile that's having the issue. I'll reach out to the realm to see if they have any ideas on what could stop the customization from syncing.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous

As of yesterday I've started getting the customization sync errors again. I have 0 files stores, this profile is only for customization sync. The errors will show up within a few minutes of having autocad open.
Message 15 of 27
BrettWright

Hi Charles,

I've forwarded this on to our sync team to engage on and review the history of this item. They'll respond back to you directly here on this thread.

Stay tuned, and hopefully we can get this figured out quickly for you.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 16 of 27
chandan.singh

Hi Charles,

We would need some additional details from you to investigate this issue. 

Can you please send me the version of A360 Desktop (Formerly known as, Autodesk 360) installed on your machine?

I found in one of your previous posts that installed product has "A360 version 5.2.3.1000" but, i would like to confirm it once again.

In addition to that, we may need to look into the log files of A360 Desktop to identify problem.

You can send me email with these log-files at chandan.singh@autodesk.com.

Here are the instructions to retrieve these log files:

• For Windows 7 and Vista, use Windows Explorer and navigate to the file location:

"C:\Users\<user login id>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync"

• Select the following files and then right click and select Send to-> Compressed (zipped) folder:
      • AdSync.db
      • AdSync.log (AdSync.log.1, AdSync.log.2, ... if these files are present)

Thanks,

Chandan

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: chandan.singh

Chandan,

I am still running A360 version 5.2.3.1000.

I have sent you the log files as you requested.

I used the solution that I previously posted to re-create the Autodesk Sync folder from C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Autodesk by renaming the previous folder with "Old" at the end. It is from that old folder that I zipped the log files, not from the new re-created sync folder.

I haven't had the sync error pop up since re-creating, but I'll keep watching it. I haven't used Autocad much since re-creating it, but will be doing so today.

Message 18 of 27
BrettWright

Hi Chad, 

Just a quick update that the team is still working on this, so we'll continue to be in touch as i hear more back from them.

Please let me know if anything has changed on your end.

Action for Chad: Can you please let us know if you're still having these "constant sync issus". We actually discovered an issue in the backend that has since resolved itself which we think might have been causing this so please let us know as soon as you're able.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

Just got a sync error today.
Message 20 of 27
BrettWright

Hi Chad,

Did it happen once, and now all is ok, or is this a continuing issue that is still not working correctly.

Can you please send over any screenshots of errors you're receiving, and the log files too, that Chandon requested the last time please? See the prior posts from him.

I'll then send them over to the Dev Team as soon as i receive.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report