Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# empty plugin error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
233 Views, 3 Replies

C# empty plugin error

hello. I was trying to create an empty plugin in C#. After building the project in Visual C# Express 2005 and updating it inside XSI, I got the following error:

ERROR : 2424 - XSI failed to load a .NET plug-in. This error happens because the plug-in may have been compiled with a different version of XSI. Recompile the plug-in with the current version of XSI to fix the problem.
// <Plug-in: C:\Users\user\Documents\XSI_Projects\scripts\burtoDnm\Application\Plugins\xxx.dll>

However, I am using only one version of XSI through out the process. I also did create a add-on workgroup and placed the files as described in the SDK help.

any help is appreciated, thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
StephenCook4075
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds as if the plugin was not set up correctly or you used an out dated version.
Without seeing the code, it would be difficult to tell you what is wrong. Also you have to have a specific setup as well. I know C# can be used as a scripting language. I have set that up successfully a while back. If you could post the plugin and its version I will try to assist.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Steve. I have put it aside after getting annoyed. But after your post, I tried to give it a shot, and amazingly this time it worked pefrectly. I created a torus in Visual Studio using her highness Intellisense and it was a real treat.

So back to Softimage. so long Maya. thank you
Message 4 of 4
StephenCook4075

Great. Glad it worked out.
🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report