Wiretap

philippoeser
Message 1 of 2 (1,679 Views)

python error

1679 Views, 1 Replies
01-24-2011 07:12 AM

Hi there,

trying to get Python bindings to work on windows (but can't...)

here is what I did (tried to follow WiretapClientSDK.pdf as best as I could):

(1)  installed python 2.3.5

(2)  installed boost 1.42

(3)  copied every DLL from "boost_1_42\lib" to "python23\DLLs"

(4)  downloaded WireTapAPI-2011-1295

(5)  copied WireTapAPI-2011-1295\lib\opt\WinNT\x86_32\WinXP\MSVC_80\libwiretapClientAPI_dynamic.dll to "python23\DLLs"

here is what I get:

ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initlibwiretapClientPI_dynamic)

I am willing to compile WireTapAPI-2011-1295\samples\wiretapPythonClientAPI.cpp myself but would appreciate an example compiler commandline/settings as my tries have been unsuccessful. this will also be a target later (we use py 2.5/2.6 here normally).

Anyone got this to work?

Thanx in advance for your help

Philipp

P.S.: the python examples in the PDF always import "libwiretapPythonClientAPI" even though the generated library is "libwiretapClientAPI_dynamic.dll". Is this outdated? I tried importing "libwiretapClientAPI_dynamic" for the above error...

Also renamed that DLL to "libwiretapPythonClientAPI" and tried importing that (which doesnt seem to make a difference)

centro_systems
Message 2 of 2 (1,630 Views)

Re: python error

02-14-2011 04:00 AM in reply to: philippoeser

Hi,

I'm new to Wiretap and Python. While I try to setup a windows box to run these, I ran into the same problem you have.

The zip file I downloaded is wiretapapi-2011-1295.zip

in its WINXP folder, there are:

libwiretapClientAPI_dynamic.dll

libwiretapClientAPI_dynamic.lib

libwiretapClientAPI.lib

Is it mean to be missing a libwiretapClientAPI.dll ?

seeing this line in all the sample python scripts:

from libwiretapPythonClientAPI import *

I tried to rename the libwiretapClientAPI_dynamic.dll to match the name. But with the same ImportError.

ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (init<withWhateverNameIType_CaseSensitive>)

Can anyone give us a working example?

Thanks in advance.

Maurice

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community