cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
alatteri
691 Views, 6 Replies

project locking

I have gotten this from a customer, we don't see anything on our side that would be creating this behavior. any thoughts?

"we are unable to transfer files into a job unless the operator is either in that project (but not the folder) or if they are out of the flame completely. If they happen to be in the Flame in another project then we are unable to transfer the file. "
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
labuted
in reply to: alatteri

Which version are they on? Have the customer call support. This is not normal. Sounds like some sort of leftover lock file.

You can confirm it's not your product by running the wiretap tools to simulate what you're doing (e.g. wiretap_client_tool). BTW, all Wiretap-enabled products out there should some of the Wiretap SDK tools as they wish in order to help troubleshoot from the remote system. The Wiretap SDK is not provided with the creative software.

Dan
Message 3 of 7
alatteri

to further be-fuddle things... there is there additional error.

"Error creating new clip node: The project Vitamin_Water_Cosmonauts_J5427NY is not write-compatible with IFFFS Wiretap Server version 2008.0.SP3"

They are on "flame with the 2008 version packet 3"
Message 4 of 7
labuted

There's your problem. Just like Wire, the Wiretap server cannot overwrite old projects and clip libraries. Have them create a new library (matching the version of the WT server)into which the Wiretap server can write.

This error should make it up to the UI of your app to allow the user to understand their problem, right? 🙂
Message 5 of 7
alatteri

sorry, i should have added this:

we created a new project/job in flame with the 2008 version packet 3 upgrade. again, it would not let us drop a file in unless the operator was in that project
Message 6 of 7
labuted

Seems pretty wierd to me. I'd have them call support. Does remote access from another system work?
Message 7 of 7
alatteri

Flame to Flame? I don't know... I have suggested they open a case with Autodesk, with stress it again.

Thanks,
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report