Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM IFFFS for sparks/wiretap developers.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alatteri
665 Views, 5 Replies

VM IFFFS for sparks/wiretap developers.

Have you guys thought about making a version of ifffs that will work within a Virtual Machine for developers so as not to have to invest in and maintain hardware that quickly becomes obsolete and a burden. I really dislike having 3 workstations in my office.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: alatteri

Yes, we have one, but it's too difficult to keep up to date, and is not an exact replica ... so it wouldn't solve your problem since you need to test before you ship.

Our preferred approach is to extend the range of linux systems you can use for WT Sparks development. If you don't adhere to the strict one-size-fits-all sparks configuration recipe we provide, you can actually get an inexpensive system for WT development.

In fact, just about any 64 bit capable system will do. Other Sparks developers already take advantage of this.

Dan
Message 3 of 6
alatteri

Yeah,i was able to in fact find a very cheap IBM 6224, but it would be very convenient to be able to use the VM machine for the bulk of development as all our programmers have MacBookPros and not having to be tied to the office for IFFS connectivity would be great. Also going to trade shows would be much easier. If you do have a VM version, could I get it?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry, the VM is not public and is not maintained at this point. It never worked on MacOS anyways, so it would not be of use to you.
Message 5 of 6
alatteri

we can run linux thru VMware with full support for dual procs and SMP kernel, and if you disabled the neccesity for GL Overlay planes then it would work. Would be so useful.

Alan
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Not sure how easy that is in the short-term, but in the meantime, you can easily install DLtools alone and work with the server running on the VM. You can verify the video frames using Wiretap Web or your own application.

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums