Wiretap

Active Contributor
derrick
Message 1 of 3 (240 Views)

Unable to set audio offset for newly created audio clip

240 Views, 2 Replies
04-28-2007 10:23 PM
This might be related to my previous post...
I'm creating a new clip with a non-zero start TC, and then I create audiostream children of the clip.

Since the AudioSampleOffset is relative to the start TC, when I create the audio clips I try to set the offset to compensate for that. However, it does not seem to have any effect... when I ask for the clip's format, the metadata says the offset is 0 and in the Flame UI there's an audio slip equal to whatever my start TC was. For example, if I set the start TC to 00:00:04+01 in 24fps video, the flame reports an audio slip of 97.

How can I make the audio slip be 0? Message was edited by: asboy
Contributor
grattor
Message 2 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Unable to set audio offset for newly created audio clip

04-30-2007 05:57 AM in reply to: derrick
Yes, that was the key element of my last post on the other thread.

Audio offset is *not* relative to start TC -- it's an absolute expresion of audio start TC expressed in samples.

Assuing your audio and video start at the same time, you set a video start TC and then lay down the audiostream with an offset value in samples that equals the video start TC.

If start TC is 00:00:04+01 = 97 frames, therefore should be (if 48 KHz) 97 x 48000.
Active Contributor
derrick
Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Unable to set audio offset for newly created audio clip

05-01-2007 12:11 AM in reply to: derrick
> Audio offset is *not* relative to start TC -- it's an absolute expresion of audio start TC expressed in samples.

Yes, sorry. That's what I meant to say, but I said the exact opposite.

I explained this in my other recent thread, but for the record, the problem I describe here is because I was trying to set the audio offset with code like this:
audio_format.setMetaData( some-string );
but I also needed to do this:
audio_format.setMetaDataTag( "IFFFS_XML" );
and I had not done that.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community