Did you mean: 

RED CAMERA R3D RAW IMPORT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vikram_badha
3498 Views, 2 Replies

RED CAMERA R3D RAW IMPORT

Hi,

Im trying to import .r3d files to my Smoke 2010 through wiretapcentral/input/r3d files. I tried evrything as per the tutorials in autodesk, but theres a problem with the file that imports to my libraryin my project. Cos it shows me Pending Render i tried witing for several hours but still i wasnt able to see even a single frame. Is this a possible error due to not using backburner, as i dont have one, or maybe i dont know how to use it.
It shows the clip in my library with full timecode but doesnt have any video frames, only shows pending renders.
Its shot on 4k but im trying to import as 2k resized with camera settings.

Any help woul be appreciated.

Thank u.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nelsonro
in reply to: vikram_badha

Hello,

Yes, you do need a backburner, but if you were able to send a r3d job, then you have one installed somewhere. If you haven't explicitly installed it anywhere, its most likely running on the same machine as WTC ( wiretapcentral ). When you click submit to send the job theres a field labeled 'Backburner Manager'. This is where your job gets sent.

In WTC, select the Tools menu and then Backburner Monitor. There's a drop-down list at the top labeled manager. If you click it you should be able to see a the manager you sent the job to in the list. Select it.

The grid below should now be populated with a list of backburner jobs and their status. The name of your red job will be whatever you named your session when you were importing red. If you double click this job, you'll be able to see its status. Do you see any errors here? If not, click the Server Assignment tab. Is it assigned to a server?

Hope this helps.

Roger
Message 3 of 3
vikram_badha
in reply to: vikram_badha

I just enabled the backburner service and it is now showing in my backburner manager and it is working fine thanks for ur help
Vikram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report