Visualization

Message 1 of 5 (4,258 Views)

Create PDF 3D with AutoCAD 2012 files

4258 Views, 4 Replies
07-18-2012 06:30 AM

Hello,

I'm searching for days a way to convert sheets made with AutoCAD in PDF 3D. I didn't find a convenient way at the moment.

I'm currently searching around 3D DWF files, which have the rendering I want... but only in Design Review 2013. The printing in PDF only generate an immovable 2D copy.

I didn't already try with Simlab Composer, or Tetra 4D (wich could be the best way... But the most expensive).

Have you already find a better and cheaper way ton create such files ?

Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 5 (4,256 Views)

Re: Create PDF 3D with AutoCAD 2012 files

07-18-2012 07:27 AM in reply to: romain.herdier

I must add I tried Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, which recognized DWG and DWF...

With DWG, I had all the marks of the layers, making my product looking like a black gypsum flower than the expected result (I'm not the one using regularly AutoCAD at wy workplace, maybe I missed some function to change it).

With DWF 3D, I have a 3D file, but with only the mark, the drawing is completely missing.

It was the best I found yet...

I looked at 3D lab and Tetra 4D : none of them recognized autoCAD files. So, I'm in a dead-end now.

Message 3 of 5 (4,122 Views)

09-19-2012 01:34 AM in reply to: romain.herdier

romain.herdier wrote:

Hello,

I'm searching for days a way to convert sheets made with AutoCAD in PDF 3D. I didn't find a convenient way at the moment.

I'm currently searching around 3D DWF files, which have the rendering I want... but only in Design Review 2013. The printing in PDF only generate an immovable 2D copy.

I didn't already try with Simlab Composer, or Tetra 4D (wich could be the best way... But the most expensive).

Have you already find a better and cheaper way ton create such files ?

Thanks in advance

Hello 

i'm a french user of autocad 2011 (with prosteel) 

i have adobe acrobat X pro and Tetra 4D and i have maybe a solution for you

You can save your .DWG in .SAT( ACIS format) with the export function , it's possible to open this file .sat   with adobe acrobat and he create a 3D PDF file.

But at this time, i have the model in PDF who all the parts are named "node", i don't know how to keep my layers in my pdf 3D.

also all the colours of parts are changed to grey.

I search a solution of these "problems"

Sorry for my poor english ^^

Message 4 of 5 (4,116 Views)

09-19-2012 06:43 AM in reply to: G4M3R
I'm French too :smileyhappy: I found a very similar solution, with 3DVia Composer (my company just acquired it) : I convert files in .SAT (better than .ICS), and use 3DVia to generate the PDF. Thanks for the help though.
Message 5 of 5 (1,146 Views)

12-09-2013 01:04 PM in reply to: romain.herdier

I have discovered that Bentley Systems' Bentley View V8i will read DWG files and print to 3D PDFs - I am really impressed wit hthe results, bu thave yet to get a handle on output colors; I'm just barely getting used to the Bentley software.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community