Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are in-built lisps saved to?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
barry2104
384 Views, 3 Replies

where are in-built lisps saved to?

I can type in a command "MIDDLELINE", then click two straight lines, and a new line will be drawn at the midpoint between these lines (e.g. two pipe innerdiameter lines 1m apart, parallel, I can easily draw a "centreline" of the pipe). Also works for non-parallel lines - e.g. two lines 90° L line (don't even need to be adjoining) will result in a 45° line.

If trying it on polylines, it will first try to convert the PL into a normal Line, and then I'll have to rerun the command to get the middleline.

what I want to know though, is where this function is saved. Not even sure if it's a lisp, because I can't see it in my APPLOAD dialogue. There's numerous other lisp-type stuff that I can use at work but nowhere else. Where might they be saved (and what might they be saved as)?

Running AutoCAD Architecture 2020, in German
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: barry2104

@barry2104 wrote:

I can type in a command "MIDDLELINE", then click two straight lines, and a new line will be drawn at the midpoint between these lines (e.g. two pipe innerdiameter lines 1m apart, parallel, I can easily draw a "centreline" of the pipe). Also works for non-parallel lines - e.g. two lines 90° L line (don't even need to be adjoining) will result in a 45° line.

If trying it on polylines, it will first try to convert the PL into a normal Line, and then I'll have to rerun the command to get the middleline.

what I want to know though, is where this function is saved. Not even sure if it's a lisp, because I can't see it in my APPLOAD dialogue. There's numerous other lisp-type stuff that I can use at work but nowhere else. Where might they be saved (and what might they be saved as)?

I would guess the most likely thing is that it is one of multiple commands defined within a single file that would appear in the APPLOAD Loaded Applications list.  That file may not be something you can edit [e.g. .ARX].

If you can't fix it, for something that does the same thing without needing to Explode a Polyline, and also works with just about any two straight entities or sub-entities with linearity [Line, Polyline line segment, Xline, Ray, straight-format Leader, Dimension extension or dimension line, Image or Viewport or Tolerance edge, etc., or any of those nested in a Block or Xref], go here:

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/linear-objects/bisect-anglespacing-between-straight-entities

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
barry2104
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

thanks for the response, Kent.

I don't have a problem with the lisp, I think it works quite well. I was just wondering where it's stored and whether I could copy it to a USB stick to load onto my home PC (or future companies), or share with the world (anonymously)

I think i found where it is/they are though, in the APPLOAD list on the btm left... there are a huge list of files here with their file location in the 2nd column. Some are are greyed out and some are normal/black. Most of the .arx and .dbx files are black - though upon finding them in explorer, I don't seem to have the program to open them (text editor just shows a bunch of foreign characters).

examples of the files listed here are

AcApp.arx

acauthenviron.arx

AcBlock.arx

acdgnio.dbx

....etc

Running AutoCAD Architecture 2020, in German
Message 4 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: barry2104

@barry2104 wrote:

I don't have a problem with the lisp, I think it works quite well. I was just wondering where it's stored and whether I could copy it .... 

I think i found where it is/they are ....  there are a huge list of files ....  upon finding them in explorer, I don't seem to have the program to open them ....

If it's in an .ARX file, you can't edit it -- see, for example:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/decompiling-ARX-files/m-p/891694/high...

But you could presumably copy the file to elsewhere, if that doesn't violate your software license.  However, the challenge would be to determine in which file that command is defined [if there isn't some obviously related file name], since you can't open them up and look for command names inside them.  Maybe you could temporarily remove one at a time from its filepath location [keeing very careful track of what you're doing, of course, and putting it back afterwards], and start AutoCAD again, repeating with different files until the command doesn't work.  [You could do the same by temporarily changing a file's name.]

And, by the way...  "I don't have a problem with the lisp, I think it works quite well" ... except, as you mention in the first post, when you try to use it with Polylines.  That's why I suggested the CAD Tips link -- the BI command defined in Bisector.lsp there works with anything that's straight, including lots of things you'd probably never want to use it with, like Wipeout edges.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost