Did you mean: 

(vla-...) syntax?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
473 Views, 4 Replies

(vla-...) syntax?

This has been brought up in a few different threads.  However, they were all about one specific command and I could not find or (more likely) did not understand how to find the syntax for (vla-...) commands.  What I'm looking for is a way to go from the vba reference material to a (vla..), but maybe that's not where I should be looking??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

Briefly

VBA syntax:  object.method(args..)

VLA syntax: (vla-method object args...)

VLAX syntax (vlax-invoke object 'method args...)

VBA syntax for setting a property(roughly): object.property = value

VLA syntax: (vla-put-property object value)

VLAX syntax: (vlax-put object 'property value)

VBA syntax for getting a property: variable = object.property

VLA syntax:  (vla-get-property object)

VLAX syntax: (vlax-get object 'property)

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks a bunch!!!  I might have been able to figure it outeventually comparing the various (vla- commands here in the forums with the VBA documentation, but it probably would have taken forever!  Hopefully this will help others like me who am trying to learn the (vla- extensions. 

Thanks again for such a clear answer!

Message 4 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

You're welcome.  Glad to help.  There are also a couple of other vlax syntaxes but the ones I listed are the ones I use most often.  Others include vlax-get-property, vlax-put-property, and vlax-invoke-method. I don't use those as much because they require the values (most of the time) to be variants with points being safe-arrays.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

"Safearrays and object types"  That's a whole nuther can of worms I don't feel like dealing with right now.  Smiley Wink

I have done a little VBA for Excel so I understand the object type thing but safearrays are ... like that airplane joke.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost