Did you mean:Ā 

tool button image missing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CADmgrMike
4112 Views, 6 Replies

tool button image missing

I added a couple of standard Autocad MAP tabs to a custom  panel and in my custom workspace some of the button images don't show up. If I go to the Planning & Analysis workspace, the images are visible, but in the custom workspace, all I get are clouds with a question mark.

I attached two screen shots.

Any ideas??

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
scot-65
in reply to: CADmgrMike

Clouds with a question mark...

Delete the MyMenu.MNR and it will rebuild itself.

If the clouds with question marks still show up, then you need a support path to the BMP's.

After the support path addition, delete the MNR again and relaunch AutoCAD.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 7
CADmgrMike
in reply to: scot-65

I have deleted the MNR file and rebuilt it.

I have a support path to my custom BMP's.

The images that are missing are not BMP's or if they are, I don't know where they are located.

They are OTB Autocad buttons that work fine in one workspace and not another.

I dont' think changing workspaces changes any support pathing.

Mike Porter
Message 4 of 7

The icons for a groups commands are stored in a dll with the same name as the cuix the commands come from.

The Map Import command icon is located in Map_PlanningAnalysis.dll if the cuix is called Map_PlanningAnalysis.cuix.

Autocad looks to the dll with the same name as the cuix where the command is.

When you copy a command from one cuix to another, the icon does not go with it, autocad looks to the civil.dll (if the new command location is civil.cuix) which does not have the icon you want.

To fix this problem,

Either, create a custom tab in the map cuix and have it shown in your workspace. This will show the map icons correctly but probably not the civil ones.

Or, locate the command in the cui, make sure the source is the map cuix and export the button image. This will export by default to the icons folder. Then select the command that the icon is missing from and click in the box next to Small image. A button with an elipsis, (three dots) will appear, click on this and select the icon you exported. You will need to do this for each of the commands with missing icons. You only have to do this on one machine as the icons are copied into the cuix for future reference so you can copy the cuix to another machine without having to copy tthe exported icons as well.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 7

Your explanation makes sense. I'll try it and see what happens.

It is confusing though if you look at the screen shots i attached before, why some of the icons show up and some don't and they're all from the same Map menu.

Mike Porter
Message 6 of 7
mfernandes
in reply to: CADmgrMike

does that mean that the file "Map_PlanningAnalysis.dll" only contains icons ?

and if I want to add a new icon how can I push it into my custom dll ?

example I could copy and rename Map_PlanningAnalysis.dll to My.dll and keep building from there.

Message 7 of 7

Thanks for posting this Andrew!!

Learn something new about CAD every day - you solved my issue!!

Steve Hill
Civil Designer / .NET Developer
AutoCAD Certified Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn

Please select the Accept this solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost