Did you mean: 

thiessen polygon Lisp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hamid.akbari
1406 Views, 2 Replies

thiessen polygon Lisp

Hi

for design of water and wastewater networks, one of the most imporant issues is calculation of contributed area.

and one of the best methods is "thiessen polygon method"

Attached explains about this method.

I really would like to have a lisp file that by haveing some points (pipes intersections ) can indicate contributed area.

Thanks a lot in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.

Hamid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: hamid.akbari

Such a program would be well beyond the free work threshold that I would cross but, I wonder if your whole approach is flawed in the first place.  It is not reasonable to design a stormwater management system based on the rain gauge measurements for a single rain event.  Rather the system should be able to respond to the largest rain event with an even rainfall (averaged over the whole TRIB area). Rainfall rates should be code based or based at least on the maximum expected rainfall over a period of 10 to 50 years.  Using an average rainfall rather than a weighted average rainfall simplifies the calculations to area times maximum rainfall. For example, in the US, it would be Area in Acres (43500 SF/AC) times inches per hour gives cubic feet / second output as a maximum rate.

(setq cfs (* areainacres rateperhrininches))

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
hamid.akbari
in reply to: dbroad

thanks for your reply.

But I think I should emplain more. the pdf file is only a sample to make sence what is "thiessen polygon".

I need a lisp file to do these procedures:

-connect ponts to each other and create triangles.

-draw bisector line of each side of triangles

-create contributed area from connecting bisector sides.

Thanks

Hamid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost