Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssget "_W" doesn't show actual window. . .

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gcsjlewis
582 Views, 2 Replies

ssget "_W" doesn't show actual window. . .

I have this line of code:

(setq transmitters (ssget "_W" pt1 pt2 (list (cons 0 "INSERT")(cons 66 1))))

Where pt1 and pt2 are points that I point to.

I would like to have autocad show a "window box" while i am going from pt1 and pt2, it would be nice to have the same feature ~~~>left to right only components completely in the box, and/or right to left any component that has a part within it. 

Is there a variable or a specific line of code that will do this?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Lee_Mac
in reply to: gcsjlewis

Note that the Window (W) ssget mode string is an automated selection method, i.e. the selection set is retrieved automatically based on the supplied parameters.

If you need to display a selection window, you can use a combination of the getpoint & getcorner functions when prompting the user for the two points defining the selection window.

Alternatively, you could call the ssget function without the mode string argument and the user can type "W" to opt for a Window selection when prompted.

Message 3 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Lee_Mac

@Lee_Mac wrote:

.... you could call the ssget function without the mode string argument and the user can type "W" to opt for a Window selection when prompted.

Or they could get by without typing an option, and just pick in a blank area, and it will automatically go into either Window or Crossing mode [depending on which way they go from the first corner] as with regular editing-command selection.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost