Did you mean: 

re2015 hyphens and dialogue boxes

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tom_brabant
350 Views, 7 Replies

re2015 hyphens and dialogue boxes

I am seeking remedies to having dialogue boxes appear for lisp expressions like (command "wblock") in release 2015. In re2013 and earlier that expression would invoke the command line version of wblock. Now it brings up the dialogue unless I use (command "-wblock"). Anybody want to share how they have been dealing with this? Worst case - anybody have a list of commands that produce dialogues? (so that i could batch parse thru thousands of files adding hyphens where necessary)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: tom_brabant

Typing (command "wblock") at the command line does not invoke the dialog for me in vanilla 2015 SP1.

Message 3 of 8
tom_brabant

Thanks, Jason.
I should have mentioned that I was experiencing this in Map 3D release 2015 (quite suprised that it is different!) And it is happening for all commands capable of bring up either a dialogue or a palette (eg. palette for xref and layer.)
Message 4 of 8
hgasty1001

Hi,

No problem here with Map 3D 2015, except that Map keep asking for saving map data to the block, this has been the normal behavior of wblock since ADE 1.

Gaston Nunez

Message 5 of 8
tom_brabant

Thanks guys. I now see that the behavior I am getting is abnormal which is a relief. But, here, it gets weird. If a co-worker logs onto my machine, everything is fine. However, if I log on to his (where our other stand-alone seat of map resides),
evrything is also fine. So, it would appear to be related to some interplay between my windows profile and a particular install. Another ironic symptom: (alert " hello ") does not prosuce a dialogue boxm it only echoes to the command line.
Message 6 of 8
Jason.Piercey

What is QAFLAGS set to?  Try a setting of zero.

Message 7 of 8
tom_brabant

Thanks Jason!
I had gotten a script off the net for batch restore via scriptpro 2 that had QAFLAGS set to 31. Penalty for "cut and paste" programming!
Message 8 of 8
Jason.Piercey

It was your comment on the ALERT function that led me to the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost