Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"error: bad argument type: stringp nil" From New Install

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mgorecki
15151 Views, 7 Replies

"error: bad argument type: stringp nil" From New Install

Hello, One of our designers just had AutoCad 2010 installed.  I use "appload" and load a couple of our common LiSP routines.  When I try to run any of them, I get "error: bad argument type: stringp nil" right at the start.

It doesn't matter which routines I try to run, I get the same error just after entering the text to launch the program.  It only happens on their computer.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?  Could it be a setup thing, maybe a setting not put right?  Is there anything I could look for to corect?

Thansk,

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Moshe-A
in reply to: mgorecki

Mark Hi,

First, remove all added lisp files from appload and verify that things is back  to normal

then load each lisp file manualy and see which lisp is sending this error

Moshe

Message 3 of 8
stevor

Test your Autolisp engine, type into the command line something, like: (princ " this is a test ")
S
Message 4 of 8
mgorecki
in reply to: stevor

Hi Stevor,

Command: (princ "this is a test")
this is a test"this is a test"

That seemed to work.

Message 5 of 8
mgorecki
in reply to: Moshe-A

Hi Moshe,

We don't have automatically loaded LiSP routines.  One was loaded and when I tried to run it, it errored, then I loaded another and got the same thing.  So I opened a new drawing and tried a random LiSP program and got the same error.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Moshe-A

try the attached lisp file, does it send any error?

Message 7 of 8
mgorecki

Hello Moshe,

I saved the file locally and it ran without a problem.  So I copied a LiSP program from the network and saved it locally.

I tried to run it, and it wouldn't run, just like before.

BUT I realized that yours was a ".lsp" and the network one was a ".vlx".  Technically, that's still a LiSP, only a compiled version.  I don't understand why that would make a difference.

Is there a setting I can change in AutoCad to let it "see" .vlx files?

Thanks again,

Mark

Message 8 of 8
mgorecki

Hi Moshe,

Ok it wasn't the .VLX thing eiother.  I have a small bit of code in each program that looks for a network license of sorts.  If it can't find the file, then it should just say I'm not autorized to run the program.  Instead it's giving me an error.

I removed that part of the program, and it worked just fine.

Problem solved.  Thanks for offering suggestions, which eventually lead me to the solution.

Have a great day!

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost