Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"One-Click" Drawing setup needed!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Squeezer53
148 Views, 0 Replies

"One-Click" Drawing setup needed!

I am LISP and Script challenged and the guy who used to write all my lisp routines is no longer available. We are all currently running AutoCAD Mechanical 2000 and are in the process of getting everybody on AutoCAD Mechanical 2000i. I need to make setting up an existing drawing to the new title blocks and change the default amlayercolors as easy as possible to encourage the use of company standards. If it takes more than a couple of key strokes or clicks it won't happen. SO.... I WANT TO CREATE A SINGLE BUTTON TO DO THE FOLLOWING THINGS WITH JUST ONE BUTTON CLICK: _amsetupdwg ACCEPT THE DEFAULT TEMPLATE <>:ENTER ACCEPT THE DEFAULT Update layer/object settings according to template? [Yes/No] :ENTER _ddinsert C:\Program Files\Acadm2000\acadm\TEMPLATE\acaddwt.dwg Location: 0,0 EXPLODED IGNORE DUPLICATE DEFINITIONS This would allow my engineers to auto update any older version drawings to have up-to-date AutoCAD Mechanical2000 AM layer colors & settings as well as all of the current page set-ups, dim styles & blocks imported to the drawing and ready to use. I can do this to most all of our more than 8000 legacy drawings on the network using a two step process with migration assistance & script pro, but if I had a button, then if & when the company standards changed, I could simply overwrite the acad.dwt & acaddwt.dwg files and it would work for everyone on every drawing even if it only resided on the individual engineer's hard drive. I want to use this as a button instead of a command that runs on every open until I'm certain our standards and cad versions have settled down. Thanks any and all who can help. I find this forum to be a great resource. Sue
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost