Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publish pdf

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
491 Views, 3 Replies

publish pdf

Here's what I have: AutoCAD 2008, Adobe Acrobat 7.0, 13 different layouts; 3 in model space, 10 in paper. Most DWGs are in model space and we do not use layouts for them.

Here's what I am doing: Publishing all DWGs, changing each page setup to PDF, saving individual DWGs when prompted for file name, and then compiling them into one.

Here's what I would like: a button that, when used, will prompt for multiple DWG selection, print to DWG specific PDF page setups (without having to choose a page setup) prompt for one file name, put all PDFs into one file.

Can it be done without any new software or changing drafting procedures?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i publish to .plt files (because that is how we batch plot), then use Distiller (comes with the full
Acrobat install) to make pdfs of the .plt files.

once all are pdf files, you can select all of them, right-click and choose "combine as single pdf"
(or something like that)

its pretty fast, once you get the hangofit.

wrote in message news:6012621@discussion.autodesk.com...
Here's what I have: AutoCAD 2008, Adobe Acrobat 7.0, 13 different layouts; 3 in model space, 10 in
paper. Most DWGs are in model space and we do not use layouts for them.

Here's what I am doing: Publishing all DWGs, changing each page setup to PDF, saving individual DWGs
when prompted for file name, and then compiling them into one.

Here's what I would like: a button that, when used, will prompt for multiple DWG selection, print to
DWG specific PDF page setups (without having to choose a page setup) prompt for one file name, put
all PDFs into one file.

Can it be done without any new software or changing drafting procedures?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

A few questions...

Is batch plot the same as publishing multiple DWGs?
How do you publish to .plt files? Is it through page set up and print to file?
Is this how you would convert your files using the Distiller?
http://gis.washington.edu/esrm250/help/create_pdf/acrobat_distiller.html
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

We publish to plt files by creating a .pc3 for our plotter that plots to file (its an option when
configuring).

By using that as the default .pc3, we can publish entire plan sets to .plt files, or if I just want
a quick check print, I uncheck the "plot to file" box (it will check itself back on afterwards).

After the .plt files are written, we use a utility that came with our plotter to batch-send sets to
the device. I understand such utilities are readily available, if you don't have one.

I have the .plt file extension set up in Windows to launch Distiller. Double-clicking on a plt file
will start Distiller, and then i can drag other .plt files into it if necessary.

wrote in message news:6012759@discussion.autodesk.com...
A few questions...

Is batch plot the same as publishing multiple DWGs?
How do you publish to .plt files? Is it through page set up and print to file?
Is this how you would convert your files using the Distiller?
http://gis.washington.edu/esrm250/help/create_pdf/acrobat_distiller.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost