Did you mean: 

not or badly documented ssget sel-methods

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
542 Views, 2 Replies

not or badly documented ssget sel-methods

Hi all,

I just stumbled upon this post about ssget sel-methods in the AUGI-forums. Does anybody know why neither the documentation in the AutoLISP-help-file nor the online help includes all of the sel-methods, i.e. "A" or ":L"? Strangely enough ":D" (colon D) is mentioned in the offical help only in context of ":U" and ":V" but not as an item in the list by itself.

What I especially wonder about:

Did Autodesk leave them away from the doc on purpose because they do not want us to use them? If so, why? Is it save to use these sel-methods, that are not so well documented?

Thx, Stephan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Stephan

I think that the best way and method for learn some thing about ssget options is that :

- type your desired such as :

(ssget "_PC" ... or (ssget "_X"  (list (0 . "TEXT") (8 . "WALL"))) and so on

in search bar of famouse cad programming sites like this site and cadtotur or theswamp and research insides  posts and ansewrs and then practic about them , I am confident that you will succeed with this approach ...then try and try Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you use VLIDE to compose your lisp function, there is a nice help menu that comes up if you do the following procedure:

1. type the function ie: ssget

2. highlight the ssget

3. Right mouse click and select "Apropos Window..."

4. On the "Apropose results" popup window select SSGET

5. On the tool bar click "?"

6. An on-line help window comes up showing you the full usage of this function

See attached

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost