3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
365 Views, 3 Replies

little specs in complex linetype

I wanted a linetype that is big fat dots, so I created one, and it's almost
perfect, but I can't get rid of the little specs that are created by the
first part of the code. I feel like a real dork because this seems so
simple, but I've wasted an hour I can't afford trying to figure it out.
Please take pity on me! (My first solution was to adjust the dots so that
they were on top of the specs, but if I need to change the size it gets
tedious, and I still have the ones at the beginning and the end that show
up)

*Big_Dot2,Big dot2 . . . . . . . .
A,0,-.2,["l",dot,S=.14,R=0.0,X=0,Y=0],-.05

I use wingdings font to get the dot.

Alternative solutions are welcome Thanks!!

Allison
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

I was searching around and I found this post that is very similar with a doubt that I have.

Does anyone knows how can I remove the first and last dashes that are lengthened to outside of the complex linetype??

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone knows how can I remove the first and last dashes that are lengthened to outside of the complex linetype??

AutoCAD complex linetypes always fill out the ends, beyond full linetype-definition cycles, with continuous end segments. To get rid of those, the only thing you can do is to shorten or increase the length of the Line/Arc/Polyline/whatever, so that it is as close as you can get it to a multiple of the length of the definition cycle.  If you use Stretch or grips to dynamically adjust the length, you can watch the continuous end segments lengthen and shorten, and pop back to a longer length if you shorten them past zero.

EDIT:  Another possibility, if it doesn't adversely affect the graphic result in some other way, is to fine-tune the linetype scale of the object.  That at least keeps the endpoints where you drew them, which could often be important.  But you may not want to do that with something where the plotted width of the linetype matters, such as batt insulation with a specific thickness, or flexible ductwork with a specific diameter.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

OK thanks for answering. I expected something else that involves less time and effort.

I'll try just the way you said. Thanks for the explanation, it is very usefull for me!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost