Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lisp available for angle between two lines?

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
barry2104
9657 Views, 25 Replies

lisp available for angle between two lines?

i know DIMANGULAR command will let me draw a dimension to display the angle between two lines, but is there a way for my commandbar to show me what the angle is rather than draw a dimension?

I often want to simply know the angle but not display it in the drawing, and it'd be good if there was a command/lisp which showed me in the commandline area, or perhaps a pop up window, similar to what the TLEN lisp does here:

www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/tlen.lsp

any help appreciated

Running AutoCAD Architecture 2020, in German
Tags (3)
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: stevesfr

@stevesfr wrote:

Kent, thank you so much ! ! !

Steve

You're welcome.  It may be a little over-capable -- who would ever really want to know the angle between an Image outline and a Tolerance box?  But having established generic ways to determine the angle certain kinds of things run at, I just went ahead and applied them to anything I could determine that they could be applied to [basically, vlax-curve-qualified things and any other Osnappable things], even if that covers more possibilities than are really very likely.  The nested-object capability is certainly of more practical value than that range-of-weird-entity-types aspect, and was in fact a major part of the impetus to develop the Bisector routine in the first place.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 22 of 26
vikrambest1
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Hey Kent, can you edit the ReportAngle lisp to find angle between adjacent arc type object and line type object?

Message 23 of 26
devitg
in reply to: vikrambest1

For better understand, could you, please, upload your sample.dwg 

Message 24 of 26
Kent1Cooper

@vikrambest1 wrote:

.... to find angle between adjacent arc type object and line type object?

Since the direction of an "arc type object" varies continuously, I assume you mean the angle between the straight thing and the curved thing at the point where they intersect:

AngleLineArc.JPG

Is that correct?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 25 of 26
devitg

Do you mean .  or this angle 

this angle .jpg

Message 26 of 26
dungcan68
in reply to: pbejse

I want Lisp to export the results of measuring the angle between a straight line in CAD 3D and the XOY plane and the angle between that line and the X axis to excel. Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost